TalkTalk Broadband

Old December 1st 04, 05:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Newsgroup 2004

Default TalkTalk Broadband

does this service have Newsgroups if yes what are the settings.

TIA

Derek.

--

*.. )) -::-
. .))

Anti spam address in use change "spamtrap" to "newsgroup2004"

Old December 2nd 04, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Newsgroup 2004

"Richard Howson" wrote in message
Yes it does:

news.talktalk.net

Richard,
could you look at the settings I have tried as the
login and the password as supplied but its not happy,
if you could let me know the setting including the port number used.

--

*.. )) -::-
. .))

Anti spam address in use change "spamtrap" to "newsgroup2004"

Old December 2nd 04, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Me

No authentication settings are required, I presume its protected by IP
address, they use the standard tcp port: 119

Old December 2nd 04, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Newsgroup 2004

"Mr Me" wrote in message
No authentication settings are required, I presume its protected by IP
address, they use the standard tcp port: 119

I am connected via talktalk broadband results in

480 Authentication Required

Configuration:
Account: news.talktalk.net
Server: news.talktalk.net
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Error Number: 480
Code: 800ccca2

--

*.. )) -::-
. .))

Anti spam address in use change "spamtrap" to "newsgroup2004"

Old January 3rd 05, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SKiNFreak

Newsgroup 2004 wrote:
"Mr Me" wrote in message

No authentication settings are required, I presume its protected by IP
address, they use the standard tcp port: 119

I am connected via talktalk broadband results in

480 Authentication Required

Configuration:
Account: news.talktalk.net
Server: news.talktalk.net
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Error Number: 480
Code: 800ccca2

I had this problem and needed to call support. Then one day it vanished
but I don't believe that TalkTalk did much to do with it. But call/email
them anyway.

TalkTalk news doesn't like binaries much either....