ADSL down to 12-99 !!

Old December 1st 04, 10:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

Default ADSL down to 12-99 !!

Wednesday 01 December 2004, 11:54:43
United Kingdom
Written by Net 4 Nowt

Central Point has launched an intriguing new product aimed at
light internet users. The 150kbps downstream ADSL package costs just
12.99 per month.

An interesting fact is that the 150kbps service, actually has a
256kbps upstream speed, it is only the downstream from the standard
0.5Mbps that is throttled back to produce the 150kbps. Because it's a
throttling technique that's used, it will also make it easier if
people decide they want to upgrade in the future to support things
like streaming broadband video and music.

Central Point whose product range is unlimited, can offer up to
2Mbps where the line allows.

*************************
any opinions ??
Old December 2nd 04, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"six-toes" wrote in message
om...
any opinions ??

Yeah, Central Point couldn`t organise a P!$$ Up in a brewery.

Old December 2nd 04, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:56:25 GMT, "Meggahurtz"
wrote:

"six-toes" wrote in message
. com...
any opinions ??

Yeah, Central Point couldn`t organise a P!$$ Up in a brewery.

Now thats not fair.
Central point helped me through a small problem I had following advice
I recieved on this news group and not only that, thier support team
went beyond what was expected with someone who is not to clever with
computers.
The service I have now changed to is far much better than I expected
and whilst I dont like to see to see blatent sales pitches I would
recommend them to anyone.

Old December 2nd 04, 10:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Walter Hayward

In article , Meggahurtz
writes

"six-toes" wrote in message
. com...
any opinions ??

Yeah, Central Point couldn`t organise a P!$$ Up in a brewery.

Don't be too hard.. I use Central Point Satellite broadband (not lucky
enough to "ever" get land line broadband) and they have been most
helpful.. and they do whatever they say they will!!!! . nothing to
complain about here
Wally Hayward

Old December 2nd 04, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

wrote:
Now thats not fair.
Central point helped me through a small problem I had following advice

Ok look at it from my point of angle:-

Ordered Central Point services a few month`s ago, I waited 2 month`s and my
connection date had passed, countless emails and phone calls. Just gave up
in the end and ordered from NTL..

Old December 2nd 04, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

wrote:
Now thats not fair.
Central point helped me through a small problem I had following advice

Ok look at it from my point of angle:-

Ordered Central Point services a few month`s ago, I waited 2 month`s and

my
connection date had passed, countless emails and phone calls. Just gave

up
in the end and ordered from NTL..

LMFAO complains about a company and then signs with NTL, oh you should be
on a stage LOL

Old December 2nd 04, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

"Dave" wrote in message
LMFAO complains about a company and then signs with NTL, oh you should be
on a stage LOL

Least they could organise a frigin install!!

Old December 2nd 04, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
LMFAO complains about a company and then signs with NTL, oh you should

be
on a stage LOL

Least they could organise a frigin install!!

Maybe for you, but not many