Bluetooth car kits

Old December 2nd 04, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Default Bluetooth car kits

Hey all,

Finally looking at an upgrade from my aging Nokia 6310i (which is still
a damn good phone, but I'm being lured by the likes of coloured screens
and half decent ring tones).

Presently I have a Nokia car kit fitted to my car (can't recall which
one, but its fully installed, mutes the radio, charges the phone blah blah).

Come January, I'll also be collecting my new car ( I wont bore you with
details on that aspect), and I'm looking at bluetooth car kits - not the
type that you just plug into the fag lighter socket, but a proper one
that (again) mutes the radio etc etc.

The only one I've seen is from Nokia - would I be right in assuming that
the Nokia bluetooth car kit, is only going to work with Nokia phones ?
Or is bluetooth is bluetooth is bluetooth ?

Still not 100% on the phone I'm going to get though - which may cause a
problem. I was tempted by the v3, but read an article that the
bluetooth firmware doesnt work with car phone kits ???????

Now I'm tempted by the new Samsung D500 (although its not out yet I
believe).

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old December 2nd 04, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Bah ... wrong group ... sorry
Old December 2nd 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:47:49 +0000, Andy M Jenkins
strung together this:

Bah ... wrong group ... sorry

Ah well, as you're disappering to a group I don't subscribe to I'll
just say that I've got a Sony Ericsson HCB-30 and a HCE-16 radio mute
kit. I've used it with siemems, Ericsson and Nokia phones without any
problems, other than phone related ones, Siemens having crap BT
support and SE being the best I've ever found.
I'd have another if I change vehicles as I've never had any problems
with this setup.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Old December 2nd 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

"Andy M Jenkins" wrote in message
Hey all,

The only one I've seen is from Nokia - would I be right in assuming that
the Nokia bluetooth car kit, is only going to work with Nokia phones ?
Or is bluetooth is bluetooth is bluetooth ?

My Sharp GX30 works with my Nokia BT carkit, but not very well..I've been
told, it sounds like Norman Collier, if you get my drift ;-)

P.