Eclipse anyone use them?

Old December 2nd 04, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Eclipse anyone use them?

Does anyone here have broadband with Eclipse if so what are they like?
I have been looking at their website earlier and i like they way you
can up the speed of your connection from your standard connection
using their flex broadband if you want to.

I have looked around the site and i don't see any mention of
newsgroups, do they have any newservers?

Thanks in advance

du.
Old December 3rd 04, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
6JB

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 01:44:41 -0000, "Christos Demetriou"
wrote:

A bit too slow for my liking, and some posts go missing, enough to make me
switch to individual.net.

As previously mentioned they use a Giganews feed, limited to two
channels, each capped at 16 kB/s. Not too fast.

However, I have not found any problems with binary posts going missing
and completion seems perfect with a retention of about 45 days!

I usually leave it downloading at 2 x 16 kB/s all day which leaves me
about 70% of my capacity available for other things.

HTH.

JB.