LinkSys WAG54G ADSL router and SNMP

Old December 2nd 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

Default LinkSys WAG54G ADSL router and SNMP

Does anybody know if the above unit supports SNMP, I'm looking for a router
to connect to my ADSL link which will enable me to monitor the traffic
statitics on the DSL interface ?

Many thanks

Ian

Old December 3rd 04, 04:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy M Jenkins

Ian wrote:
Does anybody know if the above unit supports SNMP, I'm looking for a router
to connect to my ADSL link which will enable me to monitor the traffic
statitics on the DSL interface ?

Yup, sure does.

--
Regards
Andy M Jenkins
Old December 3rd 04, 07:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward

Ian wrote:
Does anybody know if the above unit supports SNMP, I'm looking for a
router to connect to my ADSL link which will enable me to monitor the
traffic statitics on the DSL interface ?

Many thanks

Ian

Yes, it does, though I've never used it. Turned off by default.
Ed
Old December 4th 04, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Sayers

Pete Murray wrote:

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 04:58:25 +0000, Andy M Jenkins
wrote:

Ian wrote:
Does anybody know if the above unit supports SNMP, I'm looking for a router
to connect to my ADSL link which will enable me to monitor the traffic
statitics on the DSL interface ?

Yup, sure does.

And if you find a MIB for the device, be sure to let us know! Also,
be warned: I've just 'upgraded' my WAG45G to the latest firmware,
and lost practically all the reporting traps and seem to have gained
a lot of lost packets. Ho hum, forward one step, back two.

Ah, interesting. Which version have you used?

I've just d/loaded version 1.02.7 from the Linksys site and was going to upgrade it
later. I think I'll wait for a while now....

--
The reply to email address is a valid address of a
proven spammer, quoted with the sole intention of