Speed Drop when connected to router.

Old December 3rd 04, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NastyNiff

Default Speed Drop when connected to router.

Hi

I Have a BT Openworld 512k connection which was an engineer assisted install
with an Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem. I've had it for about 3 years.

I have just purchased a combined adsl modem/router, details here
www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=304514&cks=PRL.

I configured it as detailed on the BT Yahoo website but it runs very slow,
probably about 100k. If I reconnect the usb modem everything is back to
normal speed.

Also, when this router is connected to the adsl socket on the faceplate the
phone line goes dead.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Old December 4th 04, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:47:48 +0000 (UTC), NastyNiff wrote:

Hi

I Have a BT Openworld 512k connection which was an engineer assisted
install
with an Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem. I've had it for about 3 years.

I have just purchased a combined adsl modem/router, details here
www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=304514&cks=PRL.

I configured it as detailed on the BT Yahoo website but it runs very
slow,
probably about 100k. If I reconnect the usb modem everything is back to
normal speed.

Also, when this router is connected to the adsl socket on the faceplate
the
phone line goes dead.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

Are you using the filters that came with the router? If so you shouldn't
need them as you should have an SSFP (service specific faceplate) which
does the job of the filter. If not then most likely a faulty router.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old December 4th 04, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NastyNiff

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:47:48 +0000 (UTC), NastyNiff wrote:

Hi

I Have a BT Openworld 512k connection which was an engineer assisted
install
with an Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem. I've had it for about 3 years.

I have just purchased a combined adsl modem/router, details here
www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=304514&cks=PRL.

I configured it as detailed on the BT Yahoo website but it runs very
slow,
probably about 100k. If I reconnect the usb modem everything is back to
normal speed.

Also, when this router is connected to the adsl socket on the faceplate
the
phone line goes dead.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

Are you using the filters that came with the router? If so you shouldn't
need them as you should have an SSFP (service specific faceplate) which
does the job of the filter. If not then most likely a faulty router.

With Regards,

Dave,
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @ http://www.plus.net

Thanks for the reply Dave

I never received any filters with the router so I guess that the router is
faulty. I had it running at full speed last night all of a sudden but it's
down again today and the phone problem is still there when I plug it in.

I'll get on to Komplett.

Cheers m8

Tom

Old December 5th 04, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen

NastyNiff wrote:

Also, when this router is connected to the adsl socket on the faceplate the
phone line goes dead.

You might as well flash it with the latest firmware just in case they
screwed up the original firmware (not unlikely).
Old December 5th 04, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NastyNiff

"Anton G˙sen" wrote in
message ...
NastyNiff wrote:

Also, when this router is connected to the adsl socket on the faceplate
the phone line goes dead.

You might as well flash it with the latest firmware just in case they
screwed up the original firmware (not unlikely).

Thats a good idea. Nothing to lose.

Cheers