Demon Home 500?

Old December 4th 04, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Agustin

Default Demon Home 500?

Hi,
Wondering if anyone has tried the Demon Home 500 connection. Apparently
there was an ad in the DT the other day, web
http://www.demon.net/realbroadband/home500.html. The price looks good, but
one would need to know more about it, as well as Wanadoo 1Mb Broadband
£17.99pm.

TIA

Agustin
Old December 4th 04, 10:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Agustin wrote:
: http://www.demon.net/realbroadband/home500.html. The price looks good, but
: one would need to know more about it, as well as Wanadoo 1Mb Broadband
: £17.99pm.

The two things Demon does not come with are any Webspace or Demon newsgroup
access (plenty of other news suppliers around though).
Wanadoo is more full featured and faster but has a 2Gb/month limit at the
£117.99 price.
Old December 4th 04, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
§meagol

"Agustin" wrote in message
news
Hi,
Wondering if anyone has tried the Demon Home 500 connection. Apparently
there was an ad in the DT the other day, web
http://www.demon.net/realbroadband/home500.html. The price looks good, but
one would need to know more about it, as well as Wanadoo 1Mb Broadband
£17.99pm.

TIA

Agustin

Been with them for about 2 months now and never had a problem. Activation
was well ahead of the actual date given. Only took about 6 or 7 days to be
up and running from placing the order. Had occasion to speak to them on the
phone about minor queries a couple of times. Always had my calls answered
very promptly, the folk I spoke to were knowledgeable, courteous and
efficient and no premium rate calls. The service has been consistently
good. Incidentally I went for the free modem option and have had no trouble
with that - worked straight out of the box and comes with two reasonable
quality filters.

You don't get much beyond access and a few email addresses but I have had my
email, newsgroup and web space independent of any ISP for a long time now
and so that was not an issue for me. On the plus side there are "no
restrictions" according to the wording on their site. Although I imagine if
that was to be abused by many, things might change. A slight drawback is
the 12 month contract but having seen quite a few others speak well of Demon
and based on my own findings I don't see that as a problem. I have no
hesitation in recommending them. I imagine there are some out there who
would disagree and warn you off - but then that is the case with any ISP.
--
§meagol

Old December 4th 04, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"§meagol" wrote in message

"Agustin" wrote in message
[...]

I would agree with the comments you made about their staff, i spoke to them
a couple of times and they do seem to know their stuff, one question i had
the tech didnt know the answer to, he said give me just a few minutes and i
will find out, i didnt expect to hear from them again, but within 5 mins he
was back, answered the question (straight and to the point) and offered
loads more info ) i cant comment on the service cos i dont use them,
however if its as good as the staff i can say i would recommend them also
))

§meagol

Old December 5th 04, 02:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Agustin

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 10:13:53 +0000, §meagol wrote:

"Agustin" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for this info, it's just what I needed.
Safe surfin,

Agustin