PlusNet Easystart

Old December 5th 04, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Franklin P Patchey

Default PlusNet Easystart

I took out PlusNet's 512K (uncapped) service in January 2003 and including
the (12 months spread) cost of the modem the monthly fee has been 24.99.

The information on PlusNet's website at the time stated that after 1 year
the monthly fee would reduce to 18.99 (or therabouts; I can't remember the
exact figure - because the connection and modem cost would be paid for).

They now say this isn't the case and don't appear to know of that offer.

Does anyone else (especially who took out their service in January 2003!)
remember this?

P.S. According to them then I must have had free connection and a free modem
as the price??

Old December 5th 04, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Franklin P Patchey wrote:

Does anyone else (especially who took out their service in January 2003!)
remember this?

Does http://waybackmachine.org have a copy of their pages from the time
you signed up?
Old December 5th 04, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Franklin P Patchey says...

I took out PlusNet's 512K (uncapped) service in January 2003 and including
the (12 months spread) cost of the modem the monthly fee has been 24.99.

The information on PlusNet's website at the time stated that after 1 year
the monthly fee would reduce to 18.99 (or therabouts; I can't remember
the
exact figure - because the connection and modem cost would be paid for).

They now say this isn't the case and don't appear to know of that offer.

Does anyone else (especially who took out their service in January 2003!)
remember this?

P.S. According to them then I must have had free connection and a free
modem
as the price??

Do you mean January 2004, otherwise you appear to be chasing something
up which is almost 2 years old?

However, as I recall, the 24.99 offer was for a modem and activation
being included in the overall monthly cost spread over 12 months,
thereafter it would drop to a 'normal' 21.99 per month package.

Seeing as this package is no longer available, you may have spoken to,
or communicated with, a new operative who was not aware of its original
existence and is 'confused' over pricing.

I'd post to Plusnet's internal group for more verification.

Yes, I think Tx2 is right.......Sorry I did mean January 2004

Shouldn't they still honour the 21.99 original deal?

Old December 5th 04, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Franklin P Patchey" wrote:

I took out PlusNet's 512K (uncapped) service in January 2003 and including
the (12 months spread) cost of the modem the monthly fee has been 24.99.

I asked this question on 01/01/04 in plusnet.service.customer-feedback

After the initial 12 months, can one change this to the cheaper
(21.99) ADSL Home account without any charge for the change, or
is the change to the lower price automatic, please ? Peter M.

The following was posted by "cUnDaLl]" [email protected]{no spam}mrcundall.co.uk

No charges to downgrade though you must request it...

cUnDaLl]

My other ISP is UK Free Software Network www.ukfsn.org
Old December 5th 04, 03:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 12:13:01 -0000, Franklin P Patchey
wrote:

I took out PlusNet's 512K (uncapped) service in January 2003 and
including
the (12 months spread) cost of the modem the monthly fee has been 24.99.

The information on PlusNet's website at the time stated that after 1 year
the monthly fee would reduce to 18.99 (or therabouts; I can't remember
the
exact figure - because the connection and modem cost would be paid for).

They now say this isn't the case and don't appear to know of that offer.

Does anyone else (especially who took out their service in January 2003!)
remember this?

P.S. According to them then I must have had free connection and a free
modem
as the price??

Hi,

The EasyStart account was a special offer that included free activation
and a free USB modem. There wasn't (and still isn't) an automatic
downgrade to any other account, in part because we wouldn't know which
account you'd want to switch to as you might have lost features on the
account you wanted, e.g. EasyStart to to the old ADSL Home would have lost
the include spam and antivirus package while the Home Surf account would
also lose P2P and Binary newsgroups and some webspace, CGI and FrontPage.
The Home Surf account at 18.99 that you quote is no longer available, but
instead you could pick one of the new Lite or Premier accounts. In some
cases there is a regrade fee to make the change. For example, 14.99 to
move to Home 1Mbps Premier at 29.99 per month.

With Regards,

Dave,
Old December 5th 04, 05:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Franklin P Patchey" wrote in message
I took out PlusNet's 512K (uncapped) service in January 2003 and

including
the (12 months spread) cost of the modem the monthly fee has been 24.99.

The information on PlusNet's website at the time stated that after 1 year
the monthly fee would reduce to 18.99 (or therabouts; I can't remember

the
exact figure - because the connection and modem cost would be paid for).

They now say this isn't the case and don't appear to know of that offer.

Does anyone else (especially who took out their service in January 2003!)
remember this?

P.S. According to them then I must have had free connection and a free

modem
as the price??

I certainly remember it, was basically a package where you paid the
connection fee a bit at the time over the 12 months, rather then paying the
58.75 (or whatever it was) all up front as a large lump sum.
What are they charging you now???? The price should have reduced from 24.99
cos even their premier package is less then that now.
Also as the contract you agreed to was for a UNLIMITED connection dont let
the buggers get away with shifting you about on different pipes if you are
a heavy user, cos they have no right to do that unless you agree to it.
The contract you signed is a ongoing contract, not a contract that is
renewed each year.

Old December 5th 04, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

"Dave" wrote in message

[...]

YEAH THIS WAS IT,

I'm not a heavy user, although prefer to have the uncapped option.

What I don't understand is how a company can state one option is available
(to hook new customers) and then after the 12 month period proclaim it no
longer applies, isn't that false advertising and claiming business through
falsities?

1) I HAVE PAID FOR THE MODEM AND ACTIVATION - PLUSNET HAVE NOT GIVEN ME THAT
FREE. THAT UIS WHY MY INITIAL 12 MONTHS IS DEARER (OR SO I THOUGHT)....

2) I WAS TOLD THAT AFTER 12 MONTHS (AND AFTER PAYING THE SPREAD COST OF
ACTIVATION AND MODEM) I COULD GO ONTO ANOTHER SERVICE (WHATEVER THEY CALL
IT) AND IT WOULD PROVIDE THE SAME BENEFITS AS WHAT I WAS ORIGINALLY PUT ON
(ON NOW), BUT FOR 18.99.

If I was making it up and towing the line I would not shout so much, but it
appears a certain amount of duping has occurred here - unless PlusNet can
tell me otherwise......

I would like to go onto PlusNet's 1Mb service and considering the above feel
it should be less that the "Premier" option listed on their website.......

AM I BEING UNREASONABLE?

Old December 5th 04, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
km

wrote:

I took out PlusNet's 512K (uncapped) service in January 2003 and including
the (12 months spread) cost of the modem the monthly fee has been 24.99.

The information on PlusNet's website at the time stated that after 1 year
the monthly fee would reduce to 18.99 (or therabouts; I can't remember the
exact figure - because the connection and modem cost would be paid for).

They now say this isn't the case and don't appear to know of that offer.

Does anyone else (especially who took out their service in January 2003!)
remember this?

P.S. According to them then I must have had free connection and a free modem
as the price??

I had the 24.99 package. I took it out in November 2003.

Although it was for 12 months there was nothing in the arrangement I
made which caused it to automatically change to the lower rate ie
equivalent to the charge of 18.99 made if you didn't have their modem
and paid for connection charge. My understanding was that if I took no
action I would continue to pay 24.99.

When the end of the 12 months approached I e-mailed to find out what
the comparable service was at present and was told the charge would be
21.99 per month.

There may well have been alterations to this package between Jan2003
and the time I started but as I say there was nothing in the wording
in November that matched your expectations.

KM

Old December 5th 04, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

[...]

It could well be, push it a bit further after a favourable decision and you
could (although it isnt worth it) get it up to a charge of deception.

1) I HAVE PAID FOR THE MODEM AND ACTIVATION - PLUSNET HAVE NOT GIVEN ME

THAT
FREE. THAT UIS WHY MY INITIAL 12 MONTHS IS DEARER (OR SO I THOUGHT)....

Welcome to the PUSNET world

2) I WAS TOLD THAT AFTER 12 MONTHS (AND AFTER PAYING THE SPREAD COST OF
ACTIVATION AND MODEM) I COULD GO ONTO ANOTHER SERVICE (WHATEVER THEY CALL
IT) AND IT WOULD PROVIDE THE SAME BENEFITS AS WHAT I WAS ORIGINALLY PUT

ON
(ON NOW), BUT FOR 18.99.

ANOTHER PUSNET change that is of detriment to their users.

If I was making it up and towing the line I would not shout so much, but

it
appears a certain amount of duping has occurred here - unless PlusNet can
tell me otherwise......

No chance, oh and looking around it does appear you quoted 18.99 does
appear to be about right

I would like to go onto PlusNet's 1Mb service and considering the above

feel
it should be less that the "Premier" option listed on their

website.......

I wouldnt agree with that, as you would be signing up and agreeing to a new
service

AM I BEING UNREASONABLE?

For the most part NO you are not

Old December 5th 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Dave Boomhauer says...

YEAH THIS WAS IT

No it wasn't ... "Dave" has really 'excelled' himself in his reply. It
is so full of lies and inaccuracies it beggars belief.

What I don't understand is how a company can state one option is
available
(to hook new customers) and then after the 12 month period proclaim it no
longer applies

They haven't, have they. You have, are about to, reach the end of your
contracted 12 months at 24.99, and can now change to a lesser or better
deal.

I've just done the very same thing for clients of mine. Easystart to
Lite, with the new rate, 14.99, being payable from month 13. The regrade
fee was 14.99

isn't that false advertising and claiming business through
falsities?

It would be, I suppose, if it were true.

[...]

If I was making it up and towing the line I would not shout so much

Good, you are only making yourself appear quite ridiculous typing all in
CAPS.

it appears a certain amount of duping has occurred here - unless PlusNet
can
tell me otherwise......

Why does it take Plusnet to tell you otherwise? haven't the other
replies in this thread been clear enough?

Or do you prefer to take notice of "Dave", a proven liar and troll?

I would like to go onto PlusNet's 1Mb service and considering the above
feel
it should be less that the "Premier" option listed on their
website.......

I'd like a new Porsche, and feel it should be cheaper than my Toyota.

AM I BEING UNREASONABLE?

Am I ... ?

You haven't been duped. Make some enquiries with Plusnet about changing
your package to what is currently available.

Here
https://portal.plus.net/support/adsl...upgrades.shtml
might help?

Can I just clarify that the posts by "Dave" are not the same person as "Dave
Boomhauer"....

I see what you're saying about being able to go to the "lite" option, but
won't this restrict my bandwidth?

All that I'm saying is that when I took out the service 12 months ago that I
was under the impression that after 12 months the price would automatically
go down and the service specifications would stay exactly the same.

Now I'm being told this will not happen.