AOL UK launches Platinum 2

Old December 5th 04, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
huLLy

Default AOL UK launches Platinum 2

2mb/s for 35 quid a month..

--
huLLy
07976 123278

Old December 5th 04, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:29:58 UTC, "huLLy" wrote:

2mb/s for 35 quid a month..

I pay a good deal less than that....but I do have a 3GB/month limit
during working hours (-ish).

The problem with AOL is their draconian incoming mail policy....

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended. (also known as Gee-axia)]
Old December 5th 04, 01:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 5 Dec 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Bob Eager" wrote:

during working hours (-ish)

Pretty long working day, IMHO. Ideal for an insomniac :-) Peter M.
Old December 6th 04, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:19:35 UTC, guv wrote:

On 5 Dec 2004 13:32:25 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:29:58 UTC, "huLLy" wrote:

2mb/s for 35 quid a month..

I pay a good deal less than that....but I do have a 3GB/month limit
during working hours (-ish).

The problem with AOL is their draconian incoming mail policy....

What is their incoming mail policy?

I ask, as my sister uses aol (poor soul!), but uses hotmail instead of
their own. Just curious - especially as she said she stopped using it
because 9 out of 10 mails were sex spam!

They have an ineffective but draconian, knee jerk set of rules. For
example, anyone running their own mail server on a listed residential
ADSL line will have email rejected automatically; this is even for a
fixed IP. Likewise for dialup. I don't remember others offhand, but AOL
is the ISP that seems to reject the most legitimate mail. If, for
example, you want to sign up to a cheap phone service from 18866, you
can't do it if you have AOL, because AOL bounces your sign-up email.

They have the full policy on their site somewhere, but I haven't time to
find it just now...take a look.