Broadband monitor recommendation please.

Old December 5th 04, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Broadband monitor recommendation please.

Whil on dial-up I used the excelent DUN monitor.

Is there something similar for broadband. I have done a Google search
and most of the broadband monitors are all singing all dancing
sophisticated packages costing megabucks.

The main features I want is a graph and daily upload and download
volumes.

Advice please.

TIA

Phil
Old December 5th 04, 02:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trev

http://www.dumeter.com/download.php

Old December 5th 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 14:17:37 -0000, "Trev"
trevbowdenATdsl.pipexDOTnet wrote:

"Phil" wrote in message
.. .

The main features I want is a graph and daily upload and download
volumes.

Advice please.

TIA

Phil

http://www.dumeter.com/download.php

Wow, that was a fast response!

Many thanks.

Phil.

P.S. I've just downloaded it!
Old December 5th 04, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Phil wrote:

The main features I want is a graph and daily upload and download
volumes.

Do you have a router, or a USB modem?

If you have a router (and it is SNMP capable) you might look at the
freeware version of PRTG from http://www.paessler.com

But don't buy the commercial version of PRTG unless you're sure you
can't do it yourself with the opensource MRTG or RRDtool on which it
appears to be based.
Old December 5th 04, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

http://www.dumeter.com/download.php

or NetMeter (free)

http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

Old December 5th 04, 03:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Phil opined very noisily:
Whil on dial-up I used the excelent DUN monitor.

Is there something similar for broadband. I have done a Google search
and most of the broadband monitors are all singing all dancing
sophisticated packages costing megabucks.

The main features I want is a graph and daily upload and download
volumes.

Advice please.

TIA

Phil

Google for "NetMeter" its free!!
HtH
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old December 5th 04, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

See http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
--
ff
Old December 6th 04, 02:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

The main features I want is a graph and daily upload and download
volumes.

Provided free to PlusNet customers via their website.
Other ISP's don't ?
Regards,
Martin

Old December 6th 04, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Andy Burns wrote:

But don't buy the commercial version of PRTG unless you're sure you
can't do it yourself with the opensource MRTG or RRDtool on which it
appears to be based.

If I may comment in this last point? :-)

Being one of the developers of PRTG I can assure you that it is not at
all based on any Open Source project, PRTG Traffic Grapher was
completely developed from scratch in house by our team!

The reason we initially began developing PRTG was our own daunting
experiences with setting up MRTG for our own systems... (7 pages
"simple" installation instructions...?!?!)
:-)

Dirk Paessler
Paessler GmbH, CEO
www.paessler.com