Cheapest UK Broadband service?

Old December 5th 04, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

Default Cheapest UK Broadband service?

Who is the cheapest for surfing, no downloads?

--

Cheerio,

SUPPORT ISRAEL

Myths & Facts Online
A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict
By Mitchell G. Bard

http://tinyurl.com/ysepr

+------------------------+
| NO PLONKING ZONE |
+------------------------+
| | |
| | | |
..| |.. .| |..
...\| |/.... \| |/..

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.217% richest people in the world.
There are 5,986,950,449 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 13,049,551
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.
Old December 5th 04, 05:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"Steve Terry" wrote in message
Who is the cheapest for surfing, no downloads?

--

Cheerio,

I would try www.efhbroadband.com @ £9.99 per month. No download limits or
port blocking. Cheaper than dial-up. No costs involved if you provide your
own hardware or £29.99 fee if you migrate in.

Old December 5th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
§meagol

"Gareth :-) voom" wrote in message
"Steve Terry" wrote in message
Who is the cheapest for surfing, no downloads?
Cheerio,

I would try www.efhbroadband.com @ £9.99 per month. No download limits or
port blocking. Cheaper than dial-up. No costs involved if you provide your
own hardware or £29.99 fee if you migrate in.

Looks good on that face of it but like most of these things it is a con as
there a hidden costs. Firstly £9.99 is ex vat so the price is actually
£11.74 per month. The set-up fee is £69.99 plus vat = £82.74. Add that lot
up and divide by 12 (monthly cost over 1 year) and you get £18.64 per month.
That price is only guaranteed for 1 year anyway and to the 1st 1000
customers per month. They also pay a referral fee of £5 - never a good
sign in my experience. Plus the fact you have to supply your own hardware.
There is no email, web space - they cost extra £10 for 1 mail box, £30 for 5
mailboxes and web hosting from £30 - all per annum and no mention of vat.
Add on the 5 mail boxes which come with most other packages and the 1st year
it will cost £21.14 per month. And who are they - never heard of them
before today? There are much better packages out there. I happen to be
with Demon home 500 - no fees, free hardware, 5 mail boxes for £19.99 with
no limits or restrictions, and there are others. You can get it a bit
cheaper (BT, Wanadoo, Plusnet etc) if you are prepared to accept a monthly
limit of say 1GB but be prepared to pay more if you exceed this.

HTH
--
§meagol

Old December 5th 04, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\) voom

"§meagol" wrote in message

[...]

Hmm I didn't see that set-up fee. That puts a downer on it. It would be ok
for people migrating I suppose because then it is only £35 and £11.75 per
month for unlimited usage. I don't know about other people's email usage but
I never reply on an ISP for email. I have my own domain that diverts to any
webmail or mailbox so changing provider is not a problem.

Old December 5th 04, 06:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:51:26 +0000, Steve Terry wrote:

Who is the cheapest for surfing, no downloads?

Try Metronets web site. Been with them a year now, average bill is about
£16, excelelnt service and tech support. Usual Disclaimer.

Dave
Old December 6th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David G

Dave Stanton wrote:
On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:51:26 +0000, Steve Terry wrote:

Who is the cheapest for surfing, no downloads?

Came across this one
http://www.lobsterpot.net.uk/

Know nothing about them.

Someone mentioned EFH - they use a mixture of ipstream and datastream
depending on what you local exchange can support

--
Regards

David G
(remove r u n)
Old December 7th 04, 03:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John F Hall

In article ,
§meagol wrote:

Add on the 5 mail boxes which come with most other packages and the 1st year
it will cost £21.14 per month. And who are they - never heard of them
before today? There are much better packages out there. I happen to be
with Demon home 500 - no fees, free hardware, 5 mail boxes for £19.99 with
no limits or restrictions, and there are others. You can get it a bit
cheaper (BT, Wanadoo, Plusnet etc) if you are prepared to accept a monthly
limit of say 1GB but be prepared to pay more if you exceed this.

Just a minor correction, but Demon have unlimited email addresses.
http://www.demon.net/adsl/expresspackages/home500-home.html

--
John F Hall