Managing Bandwidth

Old December 5th 04, 05:34 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
JF

Default Managing Bandwidth

I have a 750k connection with NTL. I use grabit for downloading quite a lot
of binaries, but find that takes all available bandwidth. I like to listen
to online radio and surf the web at the same time. Is there a program that
lets you allocate percentages of bandwidth to specific progs. for example
50k to grabit, 10k for radio and the remainder for surfing.

TIA
John

Old December 5th 04, 06:49 PM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

"JF" wrote in message
I have a 750k connection with NTL. I use grabit for downloading quite a

lot
of binaries, but find that takes all available bandwidth. I like to listen
to online radio and surf the web at the same time. Is there a program that
lets you allocate percentages of bandwidth to specific progs. for example
50k to grabit, 10k for radio and the remainder for surfing.

TIA
John

I use 'Netlimiter' 1.25

It allows for numeric limits up and down on any net accessing program.

Old December 6th 04, 06:45 AM posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.telecom.broadband
Mike245

JF wrote:

to online radio and surf the web at the same time. Is there a program that
lets you allocate percentages of bandwidth to specific progs. for example

Netlimiter is pretty popular and seems to work well.

--
Mike
Be nerdy. Join Nerdfilter.