Cheapest Broadband Service-London

Old December 5th 04, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Cheapest Broadband Service-London

Hi guys,
I along with 3 of my other friends are moving to eastham,london in a
few days and want to apply for a broadband connection. We need your
help in finding the right service provider for us.As far as our
requirements are concerend
1) No contract
2) No download limit
3) Cheapest

Also is there any way of getting broadband without a phone line as all
of us have our own mobile phones and dont want to pay extra for the bt
phone as well.

Cheers

Old December 6th 04, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

hi,
well actually virgin provides broadband without contract but there
price is the problem.24.99 for 512 kbps line :-(
can u recommend some broadband provider with phone line please.

cheers

Old December 7th 04, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Edgar

On 6 Dec 2004 10:54:21 -0800, "six-toes"

Hi guys,
I along with 3 of my other friends are moving to eastham,london in a
few days and want to apply for a broadband connection. We need your
help in finding the right service provider for us.As far as our
requirements are concerend
1) No contract
2) No download limit
3) Cheapest

try central point at 12-99 a month , you only need a 3 month contract .

I signed up with CP on their 1Mb service. After a number of glitches
to begin with, it seems to have settled down and is rather good.
Speeds almost as fast as BTYahoo 1Mb, and a little variable, but
nothing really to complain about and it is £5 a month cheaper, with no
capping at all.
John
In limine sapientiae
Old December 8th 04, 02:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

try central point at 12-99 a month , you only need a 3 month contract .

That's for 150kb/s. It's doesn't deserve to be called broadband !
Proper 512kb/s is £18.99 ~ you can do better then that !

Regards,
Martin

Old December 8th 04, 07:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 02:05:08 UTC, "Martin²" wrote:

try central point at 12-99 a month , you only need a 3 month contract .

That's for 150kb/s. It's doesn't deserve to be called broadband !

But it *is*.

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended. (also known as Gee-axia)]
Old December 8th 04, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver

On 8 Dec 2004 07:50:18 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 02:05:08 UTC, "Martin²" wrote:

That's for 150kb/s. It's doesn't deserve to be called broadband !

But it *is*.

Indeed.

"The term broadband Internet access, often shortened to "broadband
Internet" or just "broadband", generically refers to last-mile
Internet connections exceeding the bandwidth capabilities of standard
analog modems and of ISDN connections."

Mind you, it only just exceeds the specifications of dual-bonded ISDN.

Oliver.
Old December 8th 04, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jon

Try Talk Talk's broadband.

www.talktalk.co.uk