Will AOL Give Me A MAC

Old December 6th 04, 08:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default Will AOL Give Me A MAC

I am outside my 1 year contract, will AOL give me a MAC, if so will they
give me it straight away over the phone. Has anyone got experience of
migrating away from AOL?

Old December 7th 04, 03:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Slugsie

"Phil" wrote in message
I am outside my 1 year contract, will AOL give me a MAC, if so will they
give me it straight away over the phone. Has anyone got experience of
migrating away from AOL?

Erm, why don't you just phone them up and find out?

--
/Slugsie

Old December 7th 04, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

"Phil" wrote in message
I am outside my 1 year contract, will AOL give me a MAC, if so will they
give me it straight away over the phone. Has anyone got experience of
migrating away from AOL?

Hi,

We've had some successful migrations from AOL, and we've also had a few that
have failed because AOL in their infinite wisdom have placed a cease on the
customer's line after handing out the Mac Key.

With Regards,

Dave,

Old December 9th 04, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"PlusNet Support Team" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message
I am outside my 1 year contract, will AOL give me a MAC, if so will they
give me it straight away over the phone. Has anyone got experience of
migrating away from AOL?

Hi,

We've had some successful migrations from AOL, and we've also had a few

that
have failed because AOL in their infinite wisdom have placed a cease on

the
customer's line after handing out the Mac Key.

With Regards,

Dave,

AOL seem to have a "scorched earth" policy when it comes to customers
leaving. My bro had dialup with them years ago, and when he changed ISPs,
he uninstalled the AOL software, which helpfully left him with no
drivers/dialer software on his PC, so I had to go around and do a little
tech support before he could get on his new ISP (which he did have before).

Also, my Dad recently wanted to quit AOL dialup (not in a BB area), so
cancelled the contract. They said he would have to keep it while the end of
the month. When he turned on his computer on the 1st of the next month and
it dialed up AOL, his account was still active. This lead AOL to believe he
wanted to be stuck with them for another month, so they charged him for
another month.

My old ISP (onetel) charged me pro rata for the amount of time I used, and
refunded the difference into my bank account. Similar story when I stopped
subscribing to Sky Movies (although the pleb operator put me through to the
really obnoxious high retention operator, who I had to convince I did not
want that or any other package)

Bob

Old December 9th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "Bob Smith" wrote:

similar story when I stopped subscribing to Sky Movies

try cancelling completely. 3 months free with all the channels was one
winter treat for me, and 6 months at half price, plus 6 months on their
most basic package, about a year later. Might get the Movies again soon
(well, movies and all other channels :-) for Christmas/New Year! Peter

My other ISP is UK Free Software Network www.ukfsn.org