ATTN: CHEDDAR

Old December 7th 04, 02:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default ATTN: CHEDDAR

I recently in here had a short debate about your 12KB/s speed issues with a
customer support member of Plusnet.
In case you have missed it, it basically went like this...

{ME}
Someone is telling fibs, and you are basically accusing a customer of
yours which claims to be getting 12KB/s of fibbing, not exactly what i

call a
positive attitude to have towards a paying customer.

{PN STAFF}
Hi,

If you want to ask this customer to contact me - I'm
more than happy to look into it for them. We're adding more hardware today
to ensure the quality of service for customers on the managed platform.
I'm not saying anyone is fibbing, I was just pointing out that what some
(note some, not all as I haven't looked at all of them) are uploading and
downloading.

With Regards,

Dave,
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet plc @
http://www.plus.net

So there you go Cheddar M8, give him an email if you are reading this and
let us all know if there is a positive outcome to the situation ))

Old December 7th 04, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cheddar

Default CHEDDAR

So there you go Cheddar M8, give him an email if you are reading this and
let us all know if there is a positive outcome to the situation ))

I have already migrated so it's not now a issue.

The last time I checked up about the speed on the pipe of doom, Plusnet were
basically saying that certain users on the pipe were still hogging all the
bandwidth available. In particular Usenet users were taking the blame
because they were using multiple connections to usenet servers (as is their
right).

I suppose you could say that we (bad boys) were getting a taste of our own
medicine, but I never had any problems with the connection before getting
moved over. I certainly never saw the insane dip in performance that I saw
for the week I was on the pipe of doom.

Plusnet did mention that they were trying to do something about it, but to
be
honest I gave up caring last week.

I can kind of understand why they took action, but I thought the way they
went about doing it was pretty much a disgrace.You wouldn't believe how
annoying it was to have to spend ages looking on their forums, searching for
answers. Customer support didnt seem to know what was going on for the first
few days of the switch over. I'd ask simple questions like why I got moved
over, what happened to the 14 days, how do I get moved back, is this a
permanent policy etc. The answers were just so vague, they might as well
have simply said we don't know.

I still have no idea what their actual policy is. I phoned up a week ago and
was told that 10GB was the average monthly use of a customer. Then I read
that in fact if you stay below 140GB you will not be in any trouble. Then I
read that it was actually 100GB, then it depended what your previous two
monthly figures were.

It was all a complete shambles, and to be perfectly honest I dont see the
point of it. Granted they have gotten rid of a lot of non profitable
customers but the same 'problem' is going to happen again.There will always
be customers who believe as I do, that a unlimited/uncapped service means
just that. Until Plusnet start quoting some actual clear and concise figures
in terms of their usage policy then they will have the same problem.

On a positive note, I was glad to see plusnet representatives on the
adslguide forum. Even if I wasn't happy with what they were doing or the
vagueness of the answers, it was still nice to see they were taking note
what their customers were saying.

Thankfully it didnt only seem to be the 'bad boys' complaining about what
was happening as well. A lot of posts were from regular plusnet customers
who were also concerned at the action that was taken.

I have now migrated and have a fully working 2mbit connection so i'll leave
it at that.

Old December 8th 04, 04:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gee

Hi Cheddar,

Can you pls read the replies from Plunet support guys in the thread "Any
Plusnet guys not on the slow pipe?" from the last couple of days. Dave is
quite interested in helping you out, considering your low speeds and move to
BBP despite 75% reduction in usage.

Regards
Gee

Old December 8th 04, 06:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Gee" wrote in message
Hi Cheddar,

Can you pls read the replies from Plunet support guys in the thread "Any
Plusnet guys not on the slow pipe?" from the last couple of days. Dave is
quite interested in helping you out, considering your low speeds and move

BBP despite 75% reduction in usage.

Ive just looked in another Newsgroup and it looks like he has already
started the migration process, ah well PN, another user that is leaving
what in their opinion is your unsatisfactory service......Shame!

Old December 8th 04, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cheddar

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Cheddar says...

I have already migrated

To whom - just for future reference?

That's a secret, I wouldnt want any other bad boys ruining my connection
would I ;-)

Old December 8th 04, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J

In within uk.telecom.broadband,
'Dave' wrote:

Ive just looked in another Newsgroup and it looks like he has already
started the migration process, ah well PN, another user that is leaving
what in their opinion is your unsatisfactory service......Shame!

PN isn't going to miss them, that was the whole idea of strangling their
service. PN are a public limited company, it is the driving force behind a
public limited company to keep costs to a minimum by providing the least
service necessary to hang on to the most subscribers, it is another
driving force to make the highest sales possible by promising the best
service.

They have found a way to continue telling people that the service is
'unlimited' whilst getting rid of anyone who takes them literally. This is
a neat move.

PN are a PLC - the whole purpose of a PLC is to provide the minimum
service for the maximum price the market will bear, whilst keeping their
claims that they provide a "superb" service just about within the bounds
of legality. They wouldn't want to actually _provide_ the superb service
because it would cost too much and would thus favour the opposition who
are also (by definition) rip merchants.

You are someone who used to amuse me by your continual slagging match, but
the amusement has now paled into insignificance as you have revealed your
inability to deal with logical discussion.

The story is finished, it has been finished for a while beyond the fun of
baiting the employees who are paid to pretend that PN is a beneficent
organisation when they actually know full well that its whole intent is
just like any other ISP, to provide the cheapest service possible for the
most money that people will pay.

What has really tickled me is the number of otherwise reasonable and
honest subscribers here who have chosen to join the PN employees in their
public deception.

That's it.

Shrug

Game over.

--
Dave Johnson -
Old December 8th 04, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Cheddar" wrote in message

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
, a.k.a Cheddar says...

I have already migrated

To whom - just for future reference?

That's a secret, I wouldnt want any other bad boys ruining my connection
would I ;-)

Or encourage a pointless debate with a fanboy named Tx2 LOL

Old December 8th 04, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

'Dave' wrote:

Ive just looked in another Newsgroup and it looks like he has already
started the migration process, ah well PN, another user that is leaving
what in their opinion is your unsatisfactory service......Shame!

PN isn't going to miss them, that was the whole idea of strangling their
service. PN are a public limited company, it is the driving force behind

public limited company to keep costs to a minimum by providing the least
service necessary to hang on to the most subscribers, it is another
driving force to make the highest sales possible by promising the best
service.

You miss the point

They have found a way to continue telling people that the service is
'unlimited' whilst getting rid of anyone who takes them literally. This

is
a neat move.

Neat........... FOR NOW

PN are a PLC - the whole purpose of a PLC is to provide the minimum
service for the maximum price the market will bear, whilst keeping their
claims that they provide a "superb" service just about within the bounds
of legality. They wouldn't want to actually _provide_ the superb service
because it would cost too much and would thus favour the opposition who
are also (by definition) rip merchants.

Agreed

You are someone who used to amuse me by your continual slagging match,

but
the amusement has now paled into insignificance as you have revealed your
inability to deal with logical discussion.

Not at all, obviously you have not read some of my more recent discussions

The story is finished, it has been finished for a while beyond the fun of
baiting the employees who are paid to pretend that PN is a beneficent
organisation when they actually know full well that its whole intent is
just like any other ISP, to provide the cheapest service possible for the
most money that people will pay.

Exactly, shame they just couldnt even when confronted admit that

What has really tickled me is the number of otherwise reasonable and
honest subscribers here who have chosen to join the PN employees in their
public deception.

Ah you mean the fanboys and the mafia members, dont go too hard on them, i
hear its a genetic prob.

That's it.

Shrug

Game over.

Not at all

Old December 9th 04, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave J

In et within
uk.telecom.broadband, 'Tx2' wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a Dave J says...

[snipped some waffle about PLC's]

What has really tickled me is the number of otherwise reasonable and
honest subscribers here who have chosen to join the PN employees in their
public deception

LOL! Yeah, right...

What, you object to being grouped as 'otherwise reasonable and honest' ?

That's it.

It is? ... hoorah!

Well, except that I should emphasise my respect for PN and PN's employees
for the one saving grace of having the courage to make a public
appearance.

My justification of their occasional apparent evasiveness and PR spouting
was just that, it is obviously enough an expected part of being an
employee. It doesn't detract from the contribution they make.

Game over

Good - seeya.

Heh - it has been over for a while now. I'll only snipe if I see _really_
obvious targets.

I am left only with a serious dislike for a point of view that I have only
recently become aware of, the contempt among a few vigilante types for
anyone who uses a public intranetwork for it's original purpose - namely
filesharing.

--
Dave Johnson -