zonealarm question

Old December 7th 04, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me again

Default zonealarm question

Not strictly on topic, but it arises BECAUSE I've moved to Broadband and
want to up security.

I have a wireless network at home between two computers using a combined
modem router. Both computers use Win XP

Obviously the router has it's own firewall, but I want Zonealarm running as
well.

Is there a way of making Zonealarm start before the network connections are
made, to ensure safety straight away?

Cheers

Old December 7th 04, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Seddon

"Me again" wrote in message
Not strictly on topic, but it arises BECAUSE I've moved to Broadband and
want to up security.

I have a wireless network at home between two computers using a combined
modem router. Both computers use Win XP

Obviously the router has it's own firewall, but I want Zonealarm running
as well.

Is there a way of making Zonealarm start before the network connections
are made, to ensure safety straight away?

Cheers

I have zone alarm on my machines, they boot up with zone alarm as part of
the auto startup. NAT and SPI in the router protect the system before a
computer boots.

Peter.

Old December 7th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Me again

thanks guys - reassuring!

Old December 9th 04, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark McIntyre

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:16:46 -0000, "Me again"
wrote:

Is there a way of making Zonealarm start before the network connections are
made, to ensure safety straight away?

Zonealarm has a service component which starts before the network
services - AFAIR the network services are made a dependency of it. All
that starts when you login is the GUI.