Router teminology

Old December 7th 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
?uzzled

Default Router teminology

I've just bought a D-Link 604T wireless ADSL router. While setting up the
basics is pretty straight forward, I'm having a hard time understanding what
all the different settings and options mean. I am 'RTFM' but it just tells
you that this settings has 3 options and this has 2 options etc but doesn't
explain why or what happens if you set one or the other.

Is there a resource somewhere that explains all this jargon in simple terms
? (Even better if it is specific for the 604T)

Thank you for your time.

Old December 8th 04, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Pleasants

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:18:01 -0000, "?uzzled" wrote:

I've just bought a D-Link 604T wireless ADSL router. While setting up the
basics is pretty straight forward, I'm having a hard time understanding what
all the different settings and options mean. I am 'RTFM' but it just tells
you that this settings has 3 options and this has 2 options etc but doesn't
explain why or what happens if you set one or the other.

Is there a resource somewhere that explains all this jargon in simple terms
? (Even better if it is specific for the 604T)

Thank you for your time.

Probably, but without knowing precisely which jargon is causing the
problems that is a little more difficult. Can you give some sort of
indication?
Old December 8th 04, 11:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
?uzzled

"Simon Pleasants" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:18:01 -0000, "?uzzled" wrote:

I've just bought a D-Link 604T wireless ADSL router. While setting up the
basics is pretty straight forward, I'm having a hard time understanding

what
all the different settings and options mean. I am 'RTFM' but it just

tells
you that this settings has 3 options and this has 2 options etc but

doesn't
explain why or what happens if you set one or the other.

Is there a resource somewhere that explains all this jargon in simple

terms
? (Even better if it is specific for the 604T)

Thank you for your time.

Probably, but without knowing precisely which jargon is causing the
problems that is a little more difficult. Can you give some sort of
indication?

Just everything really to do with wireless routers and setting it up.

Thanks