migrations

Old December 8th 04, 08:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve

Default migrations

Has anybody successfully migrated from one ISP to another without a
break in service? A friend wanted to migrate to Central Point on the
12.99 deal but wasnt able to so she had to stop and start service.
Down for 4 days which is a pain. OK now but I dont know anyone who has
migrated properly, is it a dream?

Old December 8th 04, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"steve" wrote in message
Has anybody successfully migrated from one ISP to another without a
break in service? A friend wanted to migrate to Central Point on the
12.99 deal but wasnt able to so she had to stop and start service.
Down for 4 days which is a pain. OK now but I dont know anyone who has
migrated properly, is it a dream?

If both ISP companys do what they should amd BT do as they should, it can
go smooth, do you mind if i ask what ISP they migrated from???

Old December 8th 04, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve

No problem, she was on Tiscali but was paying more than Tiscali
charges now and they wouldnt reduce the price so she moved.
You sound as though you know what you are talkiing about so do you
know if anyone has migrated?

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:11:49 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

.. .

Old December 8th 04, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronny

"steve" wrote in message
No problem, she was on Tiscali but was paying more than Tiscali
charges now and they wouldnt reduce the price so she moved.
You sound as though you know what you are talkiing about so do you
know if anyone has migrated?

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:11:49 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

"steve" wrote in message
. ..
Has anybody successfully migrated from one ISP to another without a
break in service? A friend wanted to migrate to Central Point on the
12.99 deal but wasnt able to so she had to stop and start service.
Down for 4 days which is a pain. OK now but I dont know anyone who has
migrated properly, is it a dream?

If both ISP companys do what they should amd BT do as they should, it can
go smooth, do you mind if i ask what ISP they migrated from???

I migrated on Monday from Demon to HV and it happened instantly overnight,
so didn't even notice, once you get the MAC code and hand it to your new
ADSL supplier all should be smooth.

Central point are different as you maybe going from a IP Stream connection
to DataStream, this would mean CP have to physically connect you to there VP
which may take time.

Some ISP's are offering DS - IPS conversions, but I would stick with IP
stream, unless you really want to only spend 12.99 a month

Ronny

Old December 8th 04, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"steve" wrote in message
No problem, she was on Tiscali but was paying more than Tiscali
charges now and they wouldnt reduce the price so she moved.
You sound as though you know what you are talkiing about so do you
know if anyone has migrated?

Tiscali are known to be a terrible provider that sods people around, to be
honest im surprised with those clowns it only took 4 days in total. A
migration can go smoothly, i have heard of people getting the whole thing
done in a few hours, the average time it seems to take to get a mac code
from what i have read is about a day, either way thank your lucky stars you
are shot of tiscali.

Old December 8th 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

steve wrote:
: No problem, she was on Tiscali but was paying more than Tiscali
: charges now and they wouldnt reduce the price so she moved.
: You sound as though you know what you are talkiing about so do you
: know if anyone has migrated?

Tiscali use Datastream *NOT* IPstream (two different but similar services
from BT). AFAIK you can only seamlessly migrate if both ISPs use the same
BT product (most ise IPstream)`