onetel broadband - any comments?

Old December 8th 04, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Hall

Default onetel broadband - any comments?

I am moving from BT Broadband and considering onetel's broadband offering.
Bandwidth is no big issue for me, just reliability and support.

Any opinions on them? I use their landline services and they're fine.

Old December 8th 04, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gee

"Peter Hall" wrote in message
I am moving from BT Broadband and considering onetel's broadband offering.
Bandwidth is no big issue for me, just reliability and support.

Any opinions on them? I use their landline services and they're fine.

Dunno about the broadband at all, but I used to use their phones services,
and they kept billing me wrong, then making some exceses, untill I got fed
up and cancelled. Even that took some effort, adn to date I still get their
e-mails saying my online bill is ready to view! I haven;t been with them for
like 5 years! My collegue at work had exactly the same problems.

I can;t remembr all the details, but I know that at the time they enraged me
so much, that I swore to myself I will NEVER user their services again.

Of course there is always a chance they got better in 5 yrs, I personally
wouldn;t risk, but by all means read their users reviews on adslguide.com
site
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...=&Board=iomart (on the first
site does NOT look too promissing at all!)

and ispreview site

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/foru...&daysprune=365

Old December 8th 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
six-toes

Peter Hall wrote:
I am moving from BT Broadband and considering onetel's broadband

offering.
Bandwidth is no big issue for me, just reliability and support.

Any opinions on them? I use their landline services and they're

fine.
They just cant get my name right on my bill , its always wrong .
i have tried to get it corrected but its hopeless .

WORST OF ALL THEIR SUPPORT IS IN INDIA !AND TRYING TO GET AN INDIAN
BLOKE TO CORRECT MY NAME SPELLING IS HOPELESS
THEY USE INDIAN OUTSOURCING ,SO I WOULD NOT ADVISE USING THEM FOR BB.

Old December 8th 04, 06:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

On 08/12/2004 six-toes wrote:

Peter Hall wrote:
I am moving from BT Broadband and considering onetel's broadband

offering.
Bandwidth is no big issue for me, just reliability and support.

Any opinions on them? I use their landline services and they're

fine.
****** They just cant get my name right on my bill , its always wrong
. i have tried to get it corrected but its hopeless .

WORST OF ALL THEIR SUPPORT IS IN INDIA !AND TRYING TO GET AN INDIAN
BLOKE TO CORRECT MY NAME SPELLING IS HOPELESS
THEY USE INDIAN OUTSOURCING ,SO I WOULD NOT ADVISE USING THEM FOR BB.

Well if you shout at them as in your post and expect them to believe
you have six toes what do you expect?

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
Posted with XanaNews 1.16.5.2 http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm
Old December 8th 04, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver

On 8 Dec 2004 10:30:33 -0800, "six-toes"
wrote:

WORST OF ALL THEIR SUPPORT IS IN INDIA !AND TRYING TO GET AN INDIAN
BLOKE TO CORRECT MY NAME SPELLING IS HOPELESS
THEY USE INDIAN OUTSOURCING ,SO I WOULD NOT ADVISE USING THEM FOR BB.

However, the deal includes email, webspace and an onion bhaji.

Oliver.
Old December 9th 04, 12:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

I use their phone service and dial-up (now only as a backup).
Their customers service has seriously deteriorated when they were taken over
by Centrica (I am a shareholder !).
The email servers are bit temperamental at times.
Their Usenet was pretty useless, I don't use it now, but it probably still
is.
The price isn't competitive either.

I have had PlusNet BB since May03, not missed a bit yet, except 2 hrs when I
upgraded to 1Mb/s at even cheaper price.
If you are happy with 1Gb a month then 1Mb/s at £14.99 is unbeatable. If you
go over, you simply pay another £2 for another 1Gb.
Should you decide to go with PlusNet please use my 'jerryw' id as a
referrer, it will save me 25p.
Regards,
Martin