No streaming music Is this a router firewall problem.?

Old December 8th 04, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

Default No streaming music Is this a router firewall problem.?

Since getting broadband I can no longer hear streaming music.

I have XP+SP2 and a Belkin F5D7360-4A modem/router.

Could the router's firewall be the problem?

Phil
Old December 8th 04, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SwissTony

"Phil" wrote in message
Since getting broadband I can no longer hear streaming music.

I have XP+SP2 and a Belkin F5D7360-4A modem/router.

Could the router's firewall be the problem?

Phil

It most likely is.
What program are you using to stream audio??

Old December 9th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 12:05:33 -0000, "SwissTony"
wrote:

Could the router's firewall be the problem?

It most likely is.
What program are you using to stream audio??

WMP 10.

Still have not solved the problem though. I have switched off the
Windows SP2 firewall and the Belkin Router firewall and still music
will not stream.
..MOV files will stream with QuickTime
..SWF files will stream too
but not:
MIDI, WMA or WMV from web sites.

Baffled!

Phil
Old December 10th 04, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SwissTony

wrote:

Could the router's firewall be the problem?

It most likely is.
What program are you using to stream audio??

WMP 10.

Still have not solved the problem though. I have switched off the
Windows SP2 firewall and the Belkin Router firewall and still music
will not stream.
.MOV files will stream with QuickTime
.SWF files will stream too
but not:
MIDI, WMA or WMV from web sites.

Baffled!

Phil

Hi Phil
Are u using a nat based network setup??
try forwarding ports 554 and 1755
In windows media player, are u clicking the radio button to stream music. if
you are, did u install the music manager plugin???
In the tools-options-network, what do u have your settings set to??

Old December 10th 04, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:39:20 -0000, "SwissTony"
wrote:

Still have not solved the problem though. I have switched off the
Windows SP2 firewall and the Belkin Router firewall and still music
will not stream.
.MOV files will stream with QuickTime
.SWF files will stream too
but not:
MIDI, WMA or WMV from web sites.

Baffled!

Phil

Hi Phil

Hi Tony,
It's good of you to scratch your head on my behalf!

Are u using a nat based network setup??
try forwarding ports 554 and 1755

1755 was already entered. I added 554 but that made no difference.

In windows media player, are u clicking the radio button to stream music. if
you are, did u install the music manager plugin???

Not using the radio button. Just clicking on 'play' or 'stream'
buttons on websites.

In the tools-options-network, what do u have your settings set to??

Everything is checked. Use Ports has 7000-7007 to receive data.

I have also updated to WMP 10 but that altered nothing.

Still baffled!

Phil
Old December 10th 04, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Sobey

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:56:46 +0000, Phil
wrote:

Since getting broadband I can no longer hear streaming music.

I have XP+SP2 and a Belkin F5D7360-4A modem/router.

Could the router's firewall be the problem?

Shoot us a website mate and we can look - however I must say that
/unless/ you are using a real firewall, and not just NAT, this is
unlikely to be anything to do with the router.
Old December 13th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:34:48 +0000, Richard Sobey
wrote:

Shoot us a website mate and we can look - however I must say that
/unless/ you are using a real firewall, and not just NAT, this is
unlikely to be anything to do with the router.

How right you are! Eventually the problem was located in the settings
of WMP. I guess it was okay for dial-up but not DSL.

Phil