Fax machine on ADSL enabled line

Old December 8th 04, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Default Fax machine on ADSL enabled line

Checking to see if anyone has had a similar problem.

Line enabled for ADSL, using speedtouch 330 modem, and sf 330 samsung fax
machine.

Nothing else on line. Fax machine connected via filter.

If the cable from the adsl modem to the phone line is plugged into the
filter, the fax machine will not pick up a dial tone. Unplug it, and it
works fine. This happens whether or not the PC is switched on and the modem
is synced, or even if the modem is unplugged from the back of the PC.

Replaced the filter, no joy. Will replace the modem shortly.

Samsung have a handy customer service line. I explained the situation, she
claimed that none of the Samsung range of fax machine will work on a digital
enabled line. I toled her prior to adsl the line had been ISDN which is a
digital line, with no issues.

Is it common for Fax machines to not work on adsl lines? What is the chance
of it been a fault on the line?

Gaz

Old December 8th 04, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

[...]

Is the fax machine a red herring here,
What happens if you replace it with a regular telephone?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 8th 04, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hiram Hackenbacker

Gaz wrote:

Is it common for Fax machines to not work on adsl lines? What is the chance
of it been a fault on the line?

Not common, except with Samsung fax machines.

Type "Samsung fax adsl" into Google groups for some answers.

Old December 8th 04, 12:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

"Graham" wrote in message

[...]

Will try that this evening..... Should have tried it in the first place, but
not much time.

Gaz

--
Graham.