Talk Talk use restrictions

Old December 8th 04, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Talk Talk use restrictions

Talk Talk broadband did look at first pretty good for the money.

But it appears they have restrictions on the use of P2P, web servers and mail
servers.

Not sure if they block ports, and there is a work-around.

Any body have any ideas?

--
Current Items For Sale: http://www.bextech.me.uk/forsale
New Forum: http://www.bextech.org.uk

Old December 8th 04, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 18:38:11 -0000, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

Talk Talk broadband did look at first pretty good for the money.

But it appears they have restrictions on the use of P2P, web servers and mail
servers.

Where did you read that?

Oliver.
Old December 8th 04, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

wrote:

Talk Talk broadband did look at first pretty good for the money.

But it appears they have restrictions on the use of P2P, web servers and

mail
servers.

Where did you read that?

Oliver.

The web/mail server in their terms and conditions, P2P on Uswitch.

Though it does appear they are not blocking these, though if they think you
are abusing the system, they say they won't tolerate this.

Old December 8th 04, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:56:35 -0000, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

The web/mail server in their terms and conditions, P2P on Uswitch.

Though it does appear they are not blocking these, though if they think you
are abusing the system, they say they won't tolerate this.

I wouldn't worry about any T&C other than:
http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...S&NODE_ID=6901
and I can't see mention of web servers or anything.

Oliver.