After a week on PN's pipe of doom 33.12 GB

Old December 9th 04, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
One2Go

Default After a week on PN's pipe of doom 33.12 GB

For a week starting from the 29th of November I did 33.12 Gig on the Pipe
of Doom. 21 of those were uploads and most of the download before 9 am on
Monday. If I would have kept this up I would have been a heavy user and
never gotten of the BBP.

PN moved me for 345 Gig in 3 months and for those that questioned this it
was 190 Gig downloads and 155 Gig uploads. My usage stats on the PN portal
site tell me that I used 33.12 Gb in a week on the BBP. I know the PN
supporters don't believe that someone would be moved for 65 Gb download a
month, but suffice to say that according to Ian Wild, PN agreed to change
their monitoring from Up and Down to Download only and "that some users
statistic had been skewed and thus were victims of generalisation" Ians
words. All the time on the BBP my upload was never throttled.

I sympathise with those 80 some users that curtailed their usage and hope
that you get a better deal in the furure, suffice to say that you have been
warned of what PN is capable of orchestrating.

Migrated and hope that my daily routines will take on normality.

One2Go