BT Voyager 2100

Old December 10th 04, 01:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.telecom.broadband
Newsgroup 2004

Default BT Voyager 2100

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppp

have got the modem router working with both my laptop and pc wireless, now
my problem how the hell do you get it to work as a network so that I can
share files, printers and DVD drives etc.

Anyone using this kit on the newsgroup? any advice appreciated assume for
this query I know nothing (I did think I new about all computer related
items but for the time being this has me pulling out my hair and I can
assure you I haven't much left!)

Regards,

--

*.. )) -::-
. .))

Anti spam address in use change "spamtrap" to "newsgroup2004"

Old December 10th 04, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.telecom.broadband
Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Newsgroup 2004 wrote:
Helppppppppppppppppppppppppp

have got the modem router working with both my laptop and pc
wireless, now my problem how the hell do you get it to work as a
network so that I can share files, printers and DVD drives etc.

Anyone using this kit on the newsgroup? any advice appreciated assume
for this query I know nothing (I did think I new about all computer
related items but for the time being this has me pulling out my hair
and I can assure you I haven't much left!)

Regards,

Is it a USB-attached modem or do you connect with an Ethernet cable? If the
latter, I suggest you get a cheap & cheerful gateway/firewall appliance
(with a stateful inspection firewall) such as Netgear, Linksys, Dlink
make....will do NAT, DHCP and so forth. I don't know of any such devices
offhand that support USB connections, but there may be some.

If you can't do this for some reason, you need to use dreaded ICS (Internet
Connection Sharing) - look in your Help options on XP for instructions.

Old December 10th 04, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:26:27 -0000, [Newsgroup 2004] said :-

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppp

have got the modem router working with both my laptop and pc wireless, now
my problem how the hell do you get it to work as a network so that I can
share files, printers and DVD drives etc.

Anyone using this kit on the newsgroup? any advice appreciated assume for
this query I know nothing (I did think I new about all computer related
items but for the time being this has me pulling out my hair and I can
assure you I haven't much left!)

Have you set up file/print sharing on both PCs ?

Also - don't forget to check your PC firewalls, to see if they allow
file sharing
Old December 10th 04, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.telecom.broadband
Newsgroup 2004

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
ahoo.com wrote in message
Newsgroup 2004 wrote:
[...]

its all wireless sharing the internet is all ok both pc and laptop can
connect both at the sametime or independently. Its the sharing
files,printers and recourses that are the problem. There are many possible
settings that for whatever reason don't seem to work.
I'm running xp sp2 on both computers it may be that sp2 is the problem, it
really need a user who is operating successfully to give me some pointers.

--

*.. )) -::-
. .))

Anti spam address in use change "spamtrap" to "newsgroup2004"

Old December 10th 04, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,uk.telecom.broadband
Malke

Newsgroup 2004 wrote:

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
ahoo.com wrote in
message ...
Newsgroup 2004 wrote:
[...]

If the Internet is working correctly, then this isn't an issue with your
BT hardware. It just means you haven't set up your network correctly.
Since you have SP2, the first place to look is at the Windows Firewall.
Here are checkpoints:

1. If you are running a third-party firewall, then disable the Windows
Firewall entirely.

2. In either case, third-party or native Windows Firewall, you need to
put the lan IP range in Exceptions (or Allowed, or whatever the
third-party firewall calls it) as Trusted.

Here are links to help you with the Windows Firewall, and also some
links to help you in your network troubleshooting:

Understanding Windows Firewall
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...2_wfintro.mspx

Troubleshooting Windows Firewall in XPSP2
http://tinyurl.com/3tnkt

Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by
Hans-Georg Michna

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ilesharing.htm (Home)
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ring/index.htm