Number change, same line - ADSL transfer needed?

Old December 10th 04, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alastair

Default Number change, same line - ADSL transfer needed?

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

The current telephone number on which we have ADSL is changing.

The 'new' number is a number being transferred from other premises, a
business that is closing down, and this is so calls to the business will
be 'routed' to us.

So, we are ceasing the current number on which we get ADSL, in favour of
the number from the business premises, but still want to get ADSL on the
'new' number

Keeping up ... ?

Who do we have to inform to ensure that ADSL is still available on the
'new' replacement number? Our ISP, or BT?

As long as you haven't ceased the line and asked for a new one with the
other number, but are just porting the other number to the line, then
nobody.

Old December 10th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Alastair wrote:
"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

The current telephone number on which we have ADSL is changing.

The 'new' number is a number being transferred from other premises, a
business that is closing down, and this is so calls to the business
will be 'routed' to us.

So, we are ceasing the current number on which we get ADSL, in
favour of the number from the business premises, but still want to
get ADSL on the 'new' number

Keeping up ... ?

Who do we have to inform to ensure that ADSL is still available on
the 'new' replacement number? Our ISP, or BT?

As long as you haven't ceased the line and asked for a new one with
the other number, but are just porting the other number to the line,
then nobody.

Incorrect..........

Speaking from expereience of having to deal with people who have done just
that & had their ADSL service ceased as the line it's 'tied to' has been
ceased when in fact it was just renumbered.

Inform both BT & your ISP & then check with your ISP a few days later to see
if the new number is associated with the ADSL service, if not do it again &
again until the records are correct, or else around 6 months or so down the
line, just when you think everything is ok it will be ceased & you will end
up having to pay full installation charges to get it put back on as there is
no record of ADSL working on the new number...

Yes I know it's a ball ache, but jump thru the hoops or else it will turn
around & bite you when you least need it...