Wanadoo Broadband.

Old December 10th 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John...

Default Wanadoo Broadband.

Hi,I just got my broadband modem package from Wanadoo.
Installed it as per instructions.Both green lights are lit on the
modem,which I took to mean my phoneline was active.
I have not received a confirmation email from Wanadoo
stating this,so why are both lights lit solid green?
When I try to connect I get an error message saying there is no dialtone.I
have fitted filters to all house phones etc.
Both my phones and my dial up connection work ok.its just
my broadband that dosen't.
My modem is a Thompson Speedtouch USB/330 as supplied
by Wanadoo.

Thanks for any help.

John

Old December 10th 04, 07:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

John... wrote:
Hi,I just got my broadband modem package from Wanadoo.
Installed it as per instructions.Both green lights are lit on the
modem,which I took to mean my phoneline was active.
I have not received a confirmation email from Wanadoo
stating this,so why are both lights lit solid green?
When I try to connect I get an error message saying there is no
dialtone.I have fitted filters to all house phones etc.
Both my phones and my dial up connection work ok.its just
my broadband that dosen't.
My modem is a Thompson Speedtouch USB/330 as supplied
by Wanadoo.

Thanks for any help.

John

Probably not set up properly yet....

The 2 solid green lights mean that the jumpering has been done on the frame,
little else....

Old December 10th 04, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John...

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message

Probably not set up properly yet....

The 2 solid green lights mean that the jumpering has been done on the

frame,
little else....

Thanks for that,when I try to connect the modem log states that the modem is
connected correctly.The last entry is an
internal authentication error.What's one of those?

John

Old December 10th 04, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NewsGroupQuestion

"John..." wrote in message

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message

Probably not set up properly yet....

The 2 solid green lights mean that the jumpering has been done on the

frame,
little else....

Thanks for that,when I try to connect the modem log states that the modem

is
connected correctly.The last entry is an
internal authentication error.What's one of those?

John

Don't forget that your login user name is your Wanadoo [email protected] i.e. add
the @fs on the end of what you would use for dial-up.
Let's know how you get on.

Old December 10th 04, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sw

"NewsGroupQuestion" wrote in
message ...
"John..." wrote in message

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message

Probably not set up properly yet....

The 2 solid green lights mean that the jumpering has been done on the

frame,
little else....

Thanks for that,when I try to connect the modem log states that the

modem
is
connected correctly.The last entry is an
internal authentication error.What's one of those?

John

Don't forget that your login user name is your Wanadoo [email protected] i.e.

add
the @fs on the end of what you would use for dial-up.
Let's know how you get on.

I get "no dial tone" every now and again, I simply unplug the modem, wait a
few seconds and then connect the lead again. Bit of a bore, but it runs OK
after that.
To make things easier I have added a powered hub and put all USB connections
through that - this also seems to help with USB connections with my camera,
scanner etc.

Steve

Old December 10th 04, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John...

Don't forget that your login user name is your Wanadoo [email protected] i.e.

add
the @fs on the end of what you would use for dial-up.
Let's know how you get on.

Sorted,unplugged the modem,rebooted,connected.
Seems odd since I did not get an email from wanadoo
stating that my account had been activated.
Still,I'm connected,thats all that matters.
Thanks to all who replied.

John

Old December 11th 04, 12:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Conor

In article John... says...

Sorted,unplugged the modem,rebooted,connected.
Seems odd since I did not get an email from wanadoo
stating that my account had been activated.

Most ISPs don't seem to bother. You find out when it connects.

--
Conor

A man alone in the forest is talking to himself and no women around to
hear him. Is he still wrong?
Old December 16th 04, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

John... in uk.telecom.broadband on 10 Dec 2004

Sorted,unplugged the modem,rebooted,connected.
Seems odd since I did not get an email from wanadoo
stating that my account had been activated.
Still,I'm connected,thats all that matters.
Thanks to all who replied.

I got an email from Wanadoo a full 2 months after I was
originally connected which meant that my credit card was not debited
for the 17.99 for the first 2 months. Of course I never told them that
they hadn't charged me. Well you don't look a gift horse in the mouth
do you?