Additional speech line on ADSL.?

Old December 10th 04, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dd

Default Additional speech line on ADSL.?

I am the last subscriber of a long pots line employing a dialup modem.
I have applied for 2 or more pots lines (2 businesses and personal made
from the one line) but have only been offered DACs which then precludes
ADSL .
Is there a system which will enables speech on internet on my existing
phone number or any other via the BT or other system in additional to my
existing speech line. This assumes that I will still be able to access
the internet when required.
Technically it would all seem possible.

--
dd
Old December 10th 04, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Wyles

dd wrote:
I am the last subscriber of a long pots line employing a dialup modem.
I have applied for 2 or more pots lines (2 businesses and personal made
from the one line) but have only been offered DACs which then precludes
ADSL .
Is there a system which will enables speech on internet on my existing
phone number or any other via the BT or other system in additional to my
existing speech line. This assumes that I will still be able to access
the internet when required.
Technically it would all seem possible.

Yes, broadband voice from BT

http://www.btbroadbandvoice.com/broa...oice_home.html

Steve
Old December 10th 04, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Steve Wyles wrote:
dd wrote:
I am the last subscriber of a long pots line employing a dialup
modem. I have applied for 2 or more pots lines (2 businesses and
personal made from the one line) but have only been offered DACs
which then precludes ADSL .
Is there a system which will enables speech on internet on my
existing phone number or any other via the BT or other system in
additional to my existing speech line. This assumes that I will
still be able to access the internet when required.
Technically it would all seem possible.

Yes, broadband voice from BT

http://www.btbroadbandvoice.com/broa...oice_home.html

Steve

Or any other VoIP system - I use www.sipgate.co.uk which I have found to
be excellent.

Ivor

Old December 11th 04, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan Pearson

Ivor Jones wrote:

Or any other VoIP system - I use www.sipgate.co.uk which I have found
to be excellent.

Ivor

Yip Sipgate for me too, the free 01/02 geographic number swung it for me!!

p.s. Ivor - still having problems with incoming CLI displaying on my phone
(have ATA-486) - out of the 5 Caller ID phones I've tried - only one, the BT
Studio DECT shows number - what type of phone(s) do you use and does it show
CLI okay

Best wishes
Jon

Old December 11th 04, 01:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
sean

Jonathan Pearson wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:

Or any other VoIP system - I use www.sipgate.co.uk which I have found
to be excellent.

Ivor

Yip Sipgate for me too, the free 01/02 geographic number swung it for me!!

p.s. Ivor - still having problems with incoming CLI displaying on my phone
(have ATA-486) - out of the 5 Caller ID phones I've tried - only one, the BT
Studio DECT shows number - what type of phone(s) do you use and does it show
CLI okay

Best wishes
Jon

I use a Cisco ATA 186 on BT BBV. All phones i have tried work, apart
from BT Decor 310.

Synergy one gets confused by the ring type. But does display number for
around 5 seconds
Old December 11th 04, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Sumpter

Jonathan Pearson wrote:
p.s. Ivor - still having problems with incoming CLI displaying on my phone
(have ATA-486) - out of the 5 Caller ID phones I've tried - only one, the BT
Studio DECT shows number - what type of phone(s) do you use and does it show
CLI okay

I'm using a Binatone e3300 dect phone (Tesco's cheapest!) with my
ATA-486 and caller ID works every time.

I think some people have had caller ID problems if their FXS impedance
is set wrong - mine is set to CTR21.

Steve.
Old December 11th 04, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

Jonathan Pearson wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:

Or any other VoIP system - I use www.sipgate.co.uk which I have
found to be excellent.

Ivor

Yip Sipgate for me too, the free 01/02 geographic number swung it
for me!!

p.s. Ivor - still having problems with incoming CLI displaying on
my phone (have ATA-486) - out of the 5 Caller ID phones I've tried
- only one, the BT Studio DECT shows number - what type of phone(s)
do you use and does it show CLI okay

All phones I've tried show CLI, but not always correctly..! Until it was
spotted and blocked by the provider of the geographic numbers, a withheld
number showed as the IP address of one of the servers the call was routed
through..! But generally CLI does work ok. Calls to my US SIP number
(www.ipkall.com) show a weird number which again could be an IP address,
haven't checked that one out yet.

BTW Jon if you need to call another Sipgate number for testing purposes,
or you want an incoming call for the same reason, let me know. Email me at
the following address for my number: ivor at despammed dot com (fill in
the dots yourself..!)

Ivor