just got wanadoo BB

Old December 11th 04, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve church

Default just got wanadoo BB

Like John on a recent post I have just installed the modem pack from
Wanadoo. I registered for BB last w/e, got my modem yesterday and installed
this morning. Connection made ok even though I had no notification from
Wanadoo (but to give them their due they did say to keep checking even if
they've not sent a notification notice). I have one slight problem in that
Outlook Express is still configured to use my dial up account (which was
also with Wanadoo) I have reset the default connection to BB but it reverts
back to dial up next time I use it. What am I missing here?

Steve

Old December 11th 04, 09:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
steve church

Just another querie. Will my AVG and Zone Alarm need any settings changed?
AVG has just done an update and said the email scanner is not working,
presumably 'cos Outlook Express is not configured correctly.

Steve

Old December 11th 04, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron S

steve church blurted on Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:56:42 -0000:

Like John on a recent post I have just installed the modem pack from
Wanadoo. I registered for BB last w/e, got my modem yesterday and installed
this morning. Connection made ok even though I had no notification from
Wanadoo (but to give them their due they did say to keep checking even if
they've not sent a notification notice). I have one slight problem in that
Outlook Express is still configured to use my dial up account (which was
also with Wanadoo) I have reset the default connection to BB but it reverts
back to dial up next time I use it. What am I missing here?

Steve

Hi Steve...If you mean the dial-up box appears everytime you try to open
OE, then go into IE Tools Internet Options Connections

....and put a tick in Never Dial a Connection...

--
You only live once -- but if you work it right, once is enough.
*Joe E. Lewis*
Old December 11th 04, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:30:49 -0000, Tx2
strung together this:

Hi Steve...If you mean the dial-up box appears everytime you try to open
OE, then go into IE Tools Internet Options Connections

...and put a tick in Never Dial a Connection...

He will also need to utilise my suggestion as well, because even if you
set IE's option to "never dial" ..." OE will still look to any dial-up
configuration it is told to under the account settings 'connection' tab.

Unless it's set to use IE's connection, in which case it won't. Best
bet is check in both and alter any incorrect settings.
--

SJW