Not heard much about Tesco.net of late?

Old December 12th 04, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

Default Not heard much about Tesco.net of late?

Hi All,

Any idea if they have themselves sorted yet?

I spoke to someone yesterday who mentioned he had signed up and was
waiting for the kit ..

Cheers ..

T i m
Old December 12th 04, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

Any idea if they have themselves sorted yet?

I spoke to someone yesterday who mentioned he had signed up and was
waiting for the kit ..

Ordered on 6 Sept. Told on 11 Oct that the exchange needed updating before I
could have BB. Email telling me I was to be activated on 25 Oct arrived on
that day. Modem arrived on 26 Oct. Could not get it to connect, spent hours
phoning help line. Asked them to get BT to test the line. After a week they
had no record of the request. Test rearranged and carried out on 22 Nov. BB
now works OK. It seems to be associated with NTL from what I have been able
to discover.

Ian

Old December 13th 04, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
§meagol

"Ian" wrote in message

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

Any idea if they have themselves sorted yet?

I spoke to someone yesterday who mentioned he had signed up and was
waiting for the kit ..

Ordered on 6 Sept. Told on 11 Oct that the exchange needed updating before

could have BB. Email telling me I was to be activated on 25 Oct arrived on
that day. Modem arrived on 26 Oct. Could not get it to connect, spent

hours
phoning help line. Asked them to get BT to test the line. After a week

they
had no record of the request. Test rearranged and carried out on 22 Nov.

BB
now works OK. It seems to be associated with NTL from what I have been

able
to discover.

Ian

So - nearly two months from start to finish - still pretty appalling
then!!!!
--
§meagol

Old December 13th 04, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:46:39 GMT, "Ian"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

Any idea if they have themselves sorted yet?

I spoke to someone yesterday who mentioned he had signed up and was
waiting for the kit ..

Ordered on 6 Sept. Told on 11 Oct that the exchange needed updating before I
could have BB. Email telling me I was to be activated on 25 Oct arrived on
that day. Modem arrived on 26 Oct. Could not get it to connect, spent hours
phoning help line. Asked them to get BT to test the line. After a week they
had no record of the request. Test rearranged and carried out on 22 Nov. BB
now works OK. It seems to be associated with NTL from what I have been able
to discover.

Deary me .. I was hoping (for my mate) that they had got themselves
together .. obviously not .. (for some).

When my in-laws wanted to go up to BB (about 2 months ago) I look at
Tesco and even called support. Support said they would call be back
and I'm still waiting.

I eventually suggested they went to Wanadoo (after reading all the
feedback generally here) , they placed the order Sat, modem arrived on
Tues and they were online on Thurs (my 14yr old nephew did it all ..
couldn't wait for me to get there ..) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Old December 13th 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Robert Holdford

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

Any idea if they have themselves sorted yet?

I spoke to someone yesterday who mentioned he had signed up and was
waiting for the kit ..

Cheers ..

T i m

Mine seems to work faultlessly. No dropped connection or anything. I'm
quite happy.

Bob