Demon Home500 - Error 721

Old December 15th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lakeuk
Junior Member

Default Demon Home500 - Error 721

Has anyone experienced Error 721 'The remote computer is not
responding'.

I had my line activated on Monday 13th Dec, and as yet haven't been
able to connect. Both green lights are on, on my speedtouch usb adsl
modem which I'm told indicates connection to the exchange. Been on
their helpdesk the past 3 evenings, tried reinstall of the usb modem
software, new connections of my login and the [email protected]_domain
testuser, all bringing the same error 721.

They've done a BT line check and say they can see my modem and I've
now been told to do a complete uninstall of the modem and softwarethen
reinstall from scratch, which I'll try this evening.

Anyone had any experience of this, I've read some posts related to
tesco broadband users getting this error that related to an isp
problem.

Dave
Old December 16th 04, 01:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Lakeuk wrote:

[...]

In my experience (IPStream tech support) 721 is usually a BT issue.
Either an incomplete provide or cease, a BT outage (unlikely if it's
lasted for 3 days) or failure to authenticate with BT. Ask your ISP
to run a RADIUS log check.

(Incidentally 721s seem to be more common on Fridays than on other
days of the week :-0)