Woes with BT 2100 Router

Old December 15th 04, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mick

Default Woes with BT 2100 Router

I have set up and activated the Router. Works fine with the laptop with
the built in wireless stuff, but after working for one hour on the
laptop with the BT adaptor it went belly up - also Zonealarm and AVG are
not longer working on it.

I have tried everything I can think of to try and sort it, any
suggestions would be welcomed. I have does the Misconfig. stuff and
turned off the Windows Wireless thingie, made sure it automatically find
IP addess.

Mick

Old December 16th 04, 03:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gee

Check the threads called:

"3 weeks of ADSL line activation, 1 engineer visit, 6 "line checks""
and

"BT Broadband loses webpage access"

for more suggestions. Its possibly Voyager.Get them to send you a different
router.

Old December 16th 04, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mick

Mick wrote:
TVM, will do that.

Mick

Gee wrote:

Check the threads called:

"3 weeks of ADSL line activation, 1 engineer visit, 6 "line checks""
and

"BT Broadband loses webpage access"

for more suggestions. Its possibly Voyager.Get them to send you a
different
router.

SORTED.

Looked up the threads you suggested, but didn't find anything new to
try. I had already tried all suggestions so I bit the bullet and rang
the BT Voyager helpline (50p p.m). We re-set everything to default - no
go - deleted ZoneAlam and virus checker (AVG) (which I had updated
during the short time I was able to use the router) and bingo - all
working now. ZoneAlarm must have got its knickers in a twist when
downloading it or AVG did. Have just reloaded them and everything, so
far is working.