Re conneting with dial up on asdl line

Old December 16th 04, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default Re conneting with dial up on asdl line

THanks to all who replied to my post
conneting with dial-up on asdl line.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to reply on that thread and I have not yet
resolved the problem.
Also I don't have a second line to try nor a second modem.

Thanks for your help
I will keep trying.
Old December 16th 04, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Paul wrote:

THanks to all who replied to my post
conneting with dial-up on asdl line.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to reply on that thread and I have not yet
resolved the problem.
Also I don't have a second line to try nor a second modem.

Thanks for your help
I will keep trying.

OK - here's a long shot!

Does your modem have 2 RJ-11 sockets - one to connect to the line, and the
other to allow a phone to be connected to it? If so, are you sure that your
modem cable is plugged into the right socket.

Plugging it into the wrong socket would explain lack of dial tone. It could
also explain failure to connect when you told it not to care about dial
tone.
--
Cheers,
Tim