TalkTalk settings

Old December 17th 04, 08:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default TalkTalk settings

Hi,

Trying to set up Talktalk broadband for a friend using a router (not their
supplied modem). Can anyone advise me of the 'pop' mail settings for
Talktalk ? so far I cannot find them on their website and tech support just
don't answer the phone......

Cheers,
John

Old December 17th 04, 08:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
spamtrap

"John" wrote in message
Hi,

Trying to set up Talktalk broadband for a friend using a router (not their
supplied modem). Can anyone advise me of the 'pop' mail settings for
Talktalk ? so far I cannot find them on their website and tech support
just
don't answer the phone......

Cheers,
John

it is on the web site
Setting up your Email
As a TalkTalk Broadband customer we'll give you 5 free email addresses for
free. To set-up your TalkTalk email addresses, please follow the following
easy steps:

a.. Click on the email registration link.
b.. Enter your broadband user name and password. (your username is your
landline telephone number @talktalk.net. e.g . Your
password is detailed in the welcome letter that came with your broadband
welcome pack. If you have forgotten your password - Please call our
broadband support team on 0870 444 1820.
c.. Go through the easy registration process to register your email
addresses.
If you wish to manage your TalkTalk email account using an email client such
as Outlook or Outlook Express, you need to configure your email client using
the following settings:

Server type
POP3

Incoming
mail.talktalk.net

Outgoing
smtp.talktalk.net

Setting up your email on a PC
If you are running Windows 98, Windows 2000 or Windows ME or Windows XP as
your operating system, please follow the below instructions:

1. On the Windows taskbar, click on Start, then go to Programs and
select Outlook Express. This will start Outlook Express. If you are using
Outlook Express for the first time, you will see the Internet Connection
Wizard, please go to point 4. (If you are running Windows XP as your
operating system: On the Windows taskbar, click on Start, then go to All
Programs, then select Outlook Express. This will start Outlook Express.)

2. In Outlook Express, on the menu bar, click on Tools, then click on
Accounts. This will open up the Internet Account window.

3. In Internet Account, click on the Add button, then click on Mail.
This will open up the Internet Connection Wizard.

4. On the first screen, type in your name, then click on Next.

5. On the Internet E-mail address screen, type in your e-mail address
(as provided to you), then click on Next.

6. In the Internet E-mail Server Names screen, make sure that POP3 is
selected.

7. Under Incoming mail server, type in mail.talktalk.net

8. Under Outgoing mail (SMTP) server, type in smtp.talktalk.net, then
click on Next.

9. In the Internet Mail Logon screen, next to Account name, type in
your full email address.

10. (Optional) Next to Password, type in your password, then click on
Next. This will ensure that you don't have to re-type your password, every
time you start Outlook Express.

11. Click on Finish.

12. Click on Close.

13. Click on the Send/Receive button. This will download any emails that
are in your mailbox.

--

*.. )) -::-
. .))

Anti spam address in use change "spamtrap" to "newsgroup"

Old December 17th 04, 08:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
lurch

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:05:20 -0000, "John"
strung together
this:

Can anyone advise me of the 'pop' mail settings for
Talktalk ?

Not tried Google then? Try mail.talktalk.net
--

SJW