Demon Home 500 E mail

Old December 17th 04, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WestYorkshireman

Default Demon Home 500 E mail

Since getting this I have set up my e mail account in outlook express but I
cannot send any e mails.
I get message ' recipient rejected by the server, Server response 550 SMTP
AUTH required from 62.56.56.227, Port 25, secure(SSL) No, Server Error 550.
I can receive mail no problem, I have used the smtp details demon gave.
Anyone help ?

Old December 17th 04, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff

In the account properties dialog tick the box "My server requires
authentication" it's under the 'Server' tab
The clue is the "AUTH required" bit.

cheersandgone
geoff

Old December 17th 04, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:28:14 -0000, "WestYorkshireman"
wrote:

Since getting this I have set up my e mail account in outlook express but I
cannot send any e mails.
I get message ' recipient rejected by the server, Server response 550 SMTP
AUTH required from 6?.5?.?6.2?7, Port 25, secure(SSL) No, Server Error 550.
I can receive mail no problem, I have used the smtp details demon gave.
Anyone help ?

have you set up authentication of SMTP in OE ?

http://www.demon.net/helpdesk/email/authsmtp.shtml

Authentication is *required* for Home500 and you can deduce same from
the error message that "AUTH required"

If the instructions above don't work at least you can go back to Demon
on the text chat facility knowing that authentication is required.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old December 19th 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WestYorkshireman

Thanks a lot, will give your info a go.
I do have to admit I am not up on the techie part of computing but am trying
to learn all the time.

Cheers.

Old December 19th 04, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
WestYorkshireman

Problem solved, cheers gents.

Westie.

Old December 19th 04, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff

"WestYorkshireman" wrote in message ...
Problem solved, cheers gents.

I do like a happy ending this time of year
Wassail