Demon Home500 - Error 721 - solved2

Old December 17th 04, 01:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lakeuk
Junior Member

Default Demon Home500 - Error 721 - solved2

yes thats the modem I've got, some of the supplied drivers have the
wrong phonebook.ini file included on the cd :-

in section [0001] you should have following:-
VpiVci_VPI=0
VpiVci_VCI=38

which since yours worked I expect will be correct, but my
phonebook.ini on the cd had the following settings:-
VpiVci_VPI=1
VpiVci_VCI=50

Dave

{{{{
Strange. Assuming you are referring to a SpeedTouch 330 mine worked
straight out of the box (on Demon) with the supplied drivers. Up and
working in less than 10 minutes. Never had a problem since. I'm not
tempted to download the drivers you suggest as I am a great believe in
"if
it ain't broke don't mend it."

--
§meagol
}}}}}
Old December 17th 04, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom

"Lakeuk" wrote in message
om...
yes thats the modem I've got, some of the supplied drivers have the
wrong phonebook.ini file included on the cd :-

in section [0001] you should have following:-
VpiVci_VPI=0
VpiVci_VCI=38

which since yours worked I expect will be correct, but my
phonebook.ini on the cd had the following settings:-
VpiVci_VPI=1
VpiVci_VCI=50

Looks like you got the Kingston Comms driver CD.

Old December 17th 04, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lakeuk
Junior Member

Looking at the CD I received it does say Kingston on it, now it all
makes sense - pity there is nothing on the box to say the drivers are
intended for use with the Kingston network.

Thanks for that

Dave