Plusnet cap, how does it work, how can I check my useage?

Old December 18th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Plusnet cap, how does it work, how can I check my useage?

I cannot find details on the Plusnet site of how the 1g/month cap works
or how to check where I'm up to. Advice please. Ta.

Old December 18th 04, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Many thanks for that. Regards, Michael

Old December 19th 04, 08:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

& if you look like going over as you mear end of the month "period"
cheaper to upgrade say to 2gb then, as thats cheaper than going over
and then being retro billed as it were.Its only a quid or so for 1gb
extra.

Old December 23rd 04, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:16:12 GMT, "gonzo"
wrote:

bloody hell, they must be raking it in from overage charges. my server host
charges me $0.15 cents for every gig we go over the limit, thats about 8p
per gig.

We're talking about ISP's, not hosting.

in the last year apparently bandwidth costs have fallen by 80%, of
course bandwidth limits havent gone up by a similar amount for home
customers.

This is irrelevant to the transfer of data over BT's ADSL circuits.

Oliver.
Old December 23rd 04, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gonzo

news
wrote:

bloody hell, they must be raking it in from overage charges. my server

host
charges me $0.15 cents for every gig we go over the limit, thats about 8p
per gig.

We're talking about ISP's, not hosting.

in the last year apparently bandwidth costs have fallen by 80%, of
course bandwidth limits havent gone up by a similar amount for home
customers.

This is irrelevant to the transfer of data over BT's ADSL circuits.

so bt operate in a completely closed market and are not subject to pressures
or falling costs that everyone is?
cheers
james

Old December 23rd 04, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:10:40 GMT, "gonzo"
wrote:

so bt operate in a completely closed market and are not subject to pressures
or falling costs that everyone is?

That's pretty close to the truth. In areas with no cable, ADSL is
almost exclusively supplied across lines owned by BT. The multitude of
ISP's in the UK almost all use the same wholesale products as supplied
by BT.

Oliver.
Old December 24th 04, 02:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gonzo

wrote:

so bt operate in a completely closed market and are not subject to

pressures
or falling costs that everyone is?

That's pretty close to the truth. In areas with no cable, ADSL is
almost exclusively supplied across lines owned by BT. The multitude of
ISP's in the UK almost all use the same wholesale products as supplied
by BT.

bloody hell.
/me shocked
dont want to sound completely stupid but is oftel actually doing anything
about it? ive heard about easynet making moves and wanting to do 18mbit and
being foiled by regulatory environment. are they alone in trying to unbundle
the local loop?
cheers
james