SUPANET USELESS???

Old December 20th 04, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CleverCat79

Default SUPANET USELESS???

I signed up to Supanet a month ago and was initially at 512KB and now
on 1MB broadband. Download speeds vary between 250 Kbps yp to full 1MB
speed. Reliability is appalling and download speed are crap. Used to
get much better speed on AOL and more reliable. have just done BT
speedtest bypassing my ISP's network and reached full speed. Stay away
if you can. They are pathetic.

Old December 20th 04, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BlackShuck

CleverCat79 wrote:
I signed up to Supanet a month ago and was initially at 512KB and now
on 1MB broadband. Download speeds vary between 250 Kbps yp to full 1MB
speed. Reliability is appalling and download speed are crap. Used to
get much better speed on AOL and more reliable. have just done BT
speedtest bypassing my ISP's network and reached full speed. Stay away
if you can. They are pathetic.

And they are something to do with Tiny/Time Computers, Isn't that
reason ebough to not even consider them in the first place. COme on did
you really think they were gonna be any good coming from that stable?
Old December 21st 04, 02:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 20 Dec 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, BlackShuck wrote:

And they are something to do with Tiny/Time Computers, Isn't that
reason ebough to not even consider them in the first place.

Oh dear. You should expect some comments now from "Dave" as he was an
advocate of giving Supanet a chance as they looked to have a great deal
while others (myself and Bob, perhaps some others!) regarded them with
a degree of suspicion, and their apparent "tie-in" with Time. PGM

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old December 21st 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Wraithmonk

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:30:55 +0000, Peter M wrote:

On 20 Dec 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, BlackShuck wrote:

And they are something to do with Tiny/Time Computers, Isn't that reason
ebough to not even consider them in the first place.

Oh dear. You should expect some comments now from "Dave" as he was an
advocate of giving Supanet a chance as they looked to have a great deal
while others (myself and Bob, perhaps some others!) regarded them with a
degree of suspicion, and their apparent "tie-in" with Time. PGM

I live about a mile from Time/Supanet, & I've been round the factory.
Personally I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

--
SuSE 9.2, 64bit linux.
No viruses, no fuss!