Firewall Protection

Old December 20th 04, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jeff Gaines

Default Firewall Protection

I am in the last stages of waiting for Broadband, hopefully less than a
month to go.

I have just read the following in an XP group:

"Starting the computer in safe mode will load the OS without the add-on
crap
like virus/firewall/acrotray/printer software/etc."

I had already decided that when I do an XP re-install I need to pull
the cable out of the 'phone socket until the firewall etc. is
installed. If the above statement is true does that mean I will need to
pull the plug before booting to safe mode?

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.16.5.2
Old December 20th 04, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BlackShuck

Jeff Gaines wrote:
I am in the last stages of waiting for Broadband, hopefully less than a
month to go.

I have just read the following in an XP group:

"Starting the computer in safe mode will load the OS without the add-on
crap
like virus/firewall/acrotray/printer software/etc."

I had already decided that when I do an XP re-install I need to pull
the cable out of the 'phone socket until the firewall etc. is
installed. If the above statement is true does that mean I will need to
pull the plug before booting to safe mode?

I believe in SP2 the firewall is now started at boot time, and even in
safe mode...