Talk Talk

Old December 22nd 04, 06:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Talk Talk

Just thought I'd post my experiences of Talk Talk broadband.

15th December 2004 requested MAC key from Pipex.
15th December 2004 quoted the MAC key to Talk Talk
18th December 2004 received welcome letter, and activation date of 23rd
December 2004
20th December 2004 City Link tried to deliver modem pack, unfortunately no one
was in.
21st December 2004 City Link delivered modem pack,
22nd December 2004 at 0:48 internet connection dropped, tried to reconnect
using Pipex username and password, and received the response username or
password not recognised, so tried Talk Talk username and password and
connected straight away.

Continued downloading torrents - working fine.
Continued downloading using WinMX - working fine.

So so far I am pleased with how things have gone.

All I need to wait for now is for the service to be re-graded to 1MB.

And for the Talk Talk news servers to be up and running, or my password for
individual.net, currently still able to use Pipex news server.

--
Current Items For Sale: http://www.bextech.me.uk/forsale
New Forum: http://www.bextech.org.uk

Old December 23rd 04, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

I too have just joined talktalk broadband (22nd Dec). Migrating from PIPEX.

There was a few days delay because my MAC no. from PIPEX was rejected by BT
on two occasions.

However the staff on the phone were most helpful and did phone me to confirm
that the MAC number had been accepted.

My modem was delivered to a local shop, not to my home, but I was informed
of this when I registered at the shop. I had to register at a shop as the
talktalk web site would not accept the long form MAC code provided by PIPEX.

As it happens I did not need the modem - changing the username and password
was all that was required on my system.

The Broadband line seems fine so far.

John D. Tyne and Wear

Old December 23rd 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 23 Dec 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, "John" wrote:

As it happens I did not need the modem - changing the username and password
was all that was required on my system.

The Broadband line seems fine so far.

Thanks for that. It seems the other guy was unhappy with service and has
already taken steps to move away as peer-to-peer was affected for him.