Good filter supplier?

Old December 22nd 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Quinton

Default Good filter supplier?

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:59:28 +0000, Mark Graves
wrote:

Hi,
I've heard that problems can arise from using cheap microfilters - can
someone recommend a decent quality one and who supplies it? TIA.

I've heard good reports of, and myself use the one from
ADSLNation.com, but BT also do their own:-
http://www.bizorg.co.uk/shopping/BT/item/cbw102
(Affiliate link) .

If you are having problems then I suppose it could be advantageous to
be able to tell BT that the filter is one of theirs?
--
Interesting Xmas gifts: http://www.awin1.com/tclick.php?id=405&mid=182 . http://BizOrg.co.uk/shopping/
Locate your Mobile phone: http://www.bizorg.co.uk/news.html
Old December 22nd 04, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Quinton

On 22 Dec 2004 11:34:22 GMT, Joe Soap wrote:

The BT crappy filter didn't work too well for me. No Caller Display.

That's v. naughty.
ADSLNation one definitely is OK for CLI - I've just double-checked.
Old December 23rd 04, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:54:21 +0000, David Quinton
wrote:

On 22 Dec 2004 11:34:22 GMT, Joe Soap wrote:

The BT crappy filter didn't work too well for me. No Caller Display.

That's v. naughty.
ADSLNation one definitely is OK for CLI - I've just double-checked.

The BT filter is made by Excelsus:
http://shop.customnet.co.uk/product....230&CtgID=1014

It should support caller ID (the specs say it does), but my phone
doesn't have caller ID so I can't check it.

There's a new version of the Excelsus filter, so you may want to go
for that instead.

Oliver.