Bulk Mail box

Old December 23rd 04, 03:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

Default Bulk Mail box

I made a mistake and downloaded a Windows update thing.

I now have a Bulk Mail box.

Nothing in it.

Briefly, in plain English please -

What is the purpose of this box?
----
Reg.

Old December 23rd 04, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Road_Hog

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
I made a mistake and downloaded a Windows update thing.

I now have a Bulk Mail box.

Nothing in it.

Briefly, in plain English please -

What is the purpose of this box?

I got one with my Hotmail address. If it thinks an email is spam (i.e. mass
mailing - bulk mailing) it chucks it straight into your Bulk Mail box.

Basically, a spamtrap box. Keeps it separate from your approved mail.

Old December 23rd 04, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

"Road_Hog" wrote in message

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
I made a mistake and downloaded a Windows update thing.

I now have a Bulk Mail box.

Nothing in it.

Briefly, in plain English please -

What is the purpose of this box?

I got one with my Hotmail address. If it thinks an email is spam (i.e.

mass
mailing - bulk mailing) it chucks it straight into your Bulk Mail box.

Basically, a spamtrap box. Keeps it separate from your approved mail.

===============================

I used to get 300 spams per day. But since I moved to BTBroadband it has
fallen to 1, 2 or 3 per day. Some kind persons must be filtering it out
before it gets to me.

I do not have any spam removal software on my machine. Nothing ever appears
in the Bulk Mail box.

Thanks very much for answering my question.
----
Reg

Old January 3rd 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message

I used to get 300 spams per day. But since I moved to BTBroadband it has
fallen to 1, 2 or 3 per day. Some kind persons must be filtering it out
before it gets to me.

BT has a spam trap bit of software and filters it out, usually to the bulk
folder.

Reg, can you do me a favour and e-mail Gary (G7 SLL) and let him know that I
am having massive problems with broadband e-mail postings at my end?

TIA

Dave (G6 KHP)

Old January 3rd 05, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:00:49 +0000 (UTC), [Dave] said :-

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message

I used to get 300 spams per day. But since I moved to BTBroadband it has
fallen to 1, 2 or 3 per day. Some kind persons must be filtering it out
before it gets to me.

BT has a spam trap bit of software and filters it out, usually to the bulk
folder.

BTYahoo! actually uses the Yahoo Spamguard service.

Reg, can you do me a favour and e-mail Gary (G7 SLL) and let him know that I
am having massive problems with broadband e-mail postings at my end?

What problems ? What error messages ?
Old January 3rd 05, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Spin Dryer" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:00:49 +0000 (UTC), [Dave] said :-

What problems ? What error messages ?

Sorry. I am past that problem now, thanks for your interest though.

Dave