Beware when migrating from Pipex

Old December 23rd 04, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Beware when migrating from Pipex

You have to give Pipex 30 days notice to close your account.

Now you can either gamble that your migration will only take the 5 - 10 days,
that it usually takes, and request you migration code, and then wait 15 days
before giving this to your new provider, otherwise you end up being billed for
almost a months use you aren't going to use!

--
Current Items For Sale: http://www.bextech.me.uk/forsale
New Forum: http://www.bextech.org.uk

Old December 23rd 04, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

You have to give Pipex 30 days notice to close your account.

Now you can either gamble that your migration will only take the 5 - 10 days,
that it usually takes, and request you migration code, and then wait 15 days
before giving this to your new provider, otherwise you end up being billed for
almost a months use you aren't going to use!

I'm considering doing this and moving to adsl4less as its about 100
cheaper per year. Can you get your migration code before your actual
cancellation date eg cancel with 30 days notice for 31st Jan, get
migration code mid Jan to give new provider for seamless transfer??
Old December 23rd 04, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

"johnydeath" wrote in message
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

You have to give Pipex 30 days notice to close your account.

Now you can either gamble that your migration will only take the 5 - 10

days,
that it usually takes, and request you migration code, and then wait 15

days
before giving this to your new provider, otherwise you end up being billed

for
almost a months use you aren't going to use!

I'm considering doing this and moving to adsl4less as its about 100
cheaper per year. Can you get your migration code before your actual
cancellation date eg cancel with 30 days notice for 31st Jan, get
migration code mid Jan to give new provider for seamless transfer??

This is difficult when I called them, they only allowed a 30 day notice, I
couldn't say I hearby give you notice, but it could be 30 days or it could be
50 days, so I ended up paying for two weeks I couldn't use!

Old December 23rd 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
johnydeath

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

[...]

Curious, I would have thought that if you choose a date after 30 days
then they should cease on that date you specify.

Who did you go with btw? Any reason? I am totally happy with the Pipex
service as I have had no problems, its just the lure of a ton in my
pocket as opposed to theirs.
Old December 23rd 04, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

[...]

I moved to Talk Talk, which I wish I hadn't as there are problems with P2P
programs, Talk Talk have given me a MAC and allowing me to move out free of
charge.