Router Passwords

Old December 24th 04, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Router Passwords

If the 'save this password in your password list' check box is ticked
where about in the browser setting is this and how would you go back
to the browser asking you for a password to access the router
configuration options.

Thanks.
Old December 24th 04, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

My reading of the question was that the OP wanted to use the stored

password
to log on to the router - not find and destroy it!
--
Cheers,
Tim

My reading of it is that he wants his OS to forget the cached password so he
can return to logging in manually.

It's difficult call though!

Perhaps he needs to log ontoWindows with a different name, or delete the
[username].pwl file?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old December 25th 04, 11:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
T i m

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:45:14 -0000, "Graham" wrote:

My reading of the question was that the OP wanted to use the stored

password
to log on to the router - not find and destroy it!
--
Cheers,
Tim

My reading of it is that he wants his OS to forget the cached password so he
can return to logging in manually.

And mine .. I think he has got his answer now via the various replies
though?

Did anyone actually say how to stop passwords being cached ?

Ian elluded to it re 'managed passwords' and Hiram said how to clear
the cache?

Funny innit .. I worked a help desk for 10 years and you sorta try
and get the gist of what folk want with a combination of what they do
/ don't say and *how* they say it ;-)

"There is a light flashing on the front of your box thing" might
actually be more informative than "I've had BT test the Kilostream
cct and it's ok?" (a flashing light might tell me that the Kiostream
cct was ok but the psu fan had stopped or summat).

All the best ..

T i m

Old December 25th 04, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

T i m wrote:
On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:45:14 -0000, "Graham" wrote:

My reading of the question was that the OP wanted to use the stored

password
to log on to the router - not find and destroy it!
--
Cheers,
Tim

My reading of it is that he wants his OS to forget the cached password so he
can return to logging in manually.

And mine .. I think he has got his answer now via the various replies
though?

Did anyone actually say how to stop passwords being cached ?

It's going to depend on the exact browser.
Old December 27th 04, 01:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike

if its ie then this will be cookies. then can be deleted from
tools/options. If he hadnt said abouit the check box then i would have gone
for the autocompltete