PlusNet News - Unable to connect to server

Old December 26th 04, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

Default PlusNet News - Unable to connect to server

Intermittently I am getting an 'Unable To Connect To Server' message when
trying to connect to the PlusNet News Server. I have altered none of my
settings and all other Internet Related functions are Ok. I am connected via
the Individual News Server and this seems fine. There is no mention of a
problem on the Service Status page. Is it just me or are others having this
problem?

Old December 26th 04, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:41:18 +0000, Kimball K Kinnison wrote:

Intermittently I am getting an 'Unable To Connect To Server' message when
trying to connect to the PlusNet News Server. I have altered none of my
settings and all other Internet Related functions are Ok. I am connected via
the Individual News Server and this seems fine. There is no mention of a
problem on the Service Status page. Is it just me or are others having this
problem?

Hi There

I have had one of the network engineers look into this and it seems one of
the readers was having problems which have now been resolved and you
should see that this is now working correctly.

--

+ ----
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---+
Old December 26th 04, 10:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

"PlusNet Support" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:41:18 +0000, Kimball K Kinnison wrote:

Intermittently I am getting an 'Unable To Connect To Server' message when
trying to connect to the PlusNet News Server. I have altered none of my
settings and all other Internet Related functions are Ok. I am connected
via
the Individual News Server and this seems fine. There is no mention of a
problem on the Service Status page. Is it just me or are others having
this
problem?

Hi There

I have had one of the network engineers look into this and it seems one of
the readers was having problems which have now been resolved and you
should see that this is now working correctly.

--

+ ----
| Stewart Norriss ...................................Broadband solutions
| Technical Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet plc [email protected] http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---+

Brilliant - many thanx - what great service even on Boxing Day - Happy
Christmas to you.

Old December 26th 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 10:58:58 +0000, Kimball K Kinnison wrote:

"PlusNet Support" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:41:18 +0000, Kimball K Kinnison wrote:

Intermittently I am getting an 'Unable To Connect To Server' message when
trying to connect to the PlusNet News Server. I have altered none of my
settings and all other Internet Related functions are Ok. I am connected
via
the Individual News Server and this seems fine. There is no mention of a
problem on the Service Status page. Is it just me or are others having
this
problem?

Hi There

I have had one of the network engineers look into this and it seems one of
the readers was having problems which have now been resolved and you
should see that this is now working correctly.

--

+ ----
| Stewart Norriss ...................................Broadband solutions
| Technical Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet plc [email protected] http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---+

Brilliant - many thanx - what great service even on Boxing Day - Happy
Christmas to you.

No problems and a Merry Christmas to you as well

--

+ ----
Old December 26th 04, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike GW8IJT

"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote in message
Intermittently I am getting an 'Unable To Connect To Server' message

when
trying to connect to the PlusNet News Server. I have altered none of

my
settings and all other Internet Related functions are Ok. I am

connected via
the Individual News Server and this seems fine. There is no mention of

problem on the Service Status page. Is it just me or are others having

this
problem?

Perhaps, if they feel inclined, they might fix it tomorrow.
I'm with Homecall Broadband and their news server's not much good.
Just stick to news.individual.net, much better by a mile, and I've used
their news server for 2 years.
Regards Mike.

--
The best thing about Christmas is when it's over.