A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

Best Firewall



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 27th 04, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
LoSalt \(UK\)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Best Firewall

Hi there,

Whats the best firewall to use with Broadband?

Thanks.


  #2  
Old December 27th 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,demon.local
Lo Salt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default Best Firewall

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:37:12 -0000, "LoSalt \(UK\)"
wrote:

Hi there,

Whats the best firewall to use with Broadband?

Thanks.



Pricks like you shouldn't be allowed Broadband. I forbid anyone to
help this jackoff, it could be dangerous if he ever got out into the
wide world.

  #3  
Old December 27th 04, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BlackShuck
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default Best Firewall

LoSalt (UK) got up from the bar and shouted: :
Hi there,

Whats the best firewall to use with Broadband?

Thanks.



Perhaps if you tell use how you connect to broadand, we may be able to
answer.

If you have a router, use the included firewall, considerably better
than any software firewall.

If you have a modem, then it depends of if packet latency is a issue
(i.e. online gaming), if it is, then stick to Microsoft XP Sp2 firewall,
virtually no latency, compared to ZoneAlarm and the others which are
pretty horrendous...
  #4  
Old December 27th 04, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt (UK)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Best Firewall

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:45:27 +0000, BlackShuck
wrote:

LoSalt (UK) got up from the bar and shouted: :
Hi there,

Whats the best firewall to use with Broadband?

Thanks.



Perhaps if you tell use how you connect to broadand, we may be able to
answer.

If you have a router, use the included firewall, considerably better
than any software firewall.

If you have a modem, then it depends of if packet latency is a issue
(i.e. online gaming),


I do like gaming, Barbie does Dallas and Pingu are my favs.

if it is, then stick to Microsoft XP Sp2 firewall,
virtually no latency, compared to ZoneAlarm and the others which are
pretty horrendous...


  #5  
Old December 27th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40
Default Best Firewall


"Lo Salt" wrote in message
news
Pricks like you shouldn't be allowed Broadband. I forbid anyone to
help this jackoff, it could be dangerous if he ever got out into the
wide world.



You clearly have a lot of problems.

If you give us the number of your carer, we'll phone them and get them to
help you.

Carl



  #6  
Old December 27th 04, 03:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt (UK)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Best Firewall

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:57:54 -0000, "Carl"
wrote:


"Lo Salt" wrote in message
news
Pricks like you shouldn't be allowed Broadband. I forbid anyone to
help this jackoff, it could be dangerous if he ever got out into the
wide world.



You clearly have a lot of problems.

If you give us the number of your carer, we'll phone them and get them to
help you.


OK ****pig 911 or 999.
  #7  
Old December 27th 04, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,446
Default Best Firewall


"Lo Salt (UK)" wrote in message
...
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:57:54 -0000, "Carl"
wrote:


"Lo Salt" wrote in message
news
Pricks like you shouldn't be allowed Broadband. I forbid anyone to
help this jackoff, it could be dangerous if he ever got out into the
wide world.



You clearly have a lot of problems.

If you give us the number of your carer, we'll phone them and get them

to
help you.


OK ****pig 911 or 999.


Makes no difference cos you would still need help from someone that has
enough brain power to actually dial the numbers on the telephone.



  #8  
Old December 27th 04, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lo Salt (UK)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Best Firewall

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:26:06 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:


"Lo Salt (UK)" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:57:54 -0000, "Carl"
wrote:


"Lo Salt" wrote in message
news Pricks like you shouldn't be allowed Broadband. I forbid anyone to
help this jackoff, it could be dangerous if he ever got out into the
wide world.


You clearly have a lot of problems.

If you give us the number of your carer, we'll phone them and get them

to
help you.


OK ****pig 911 or 999.


Makes no difference cos you would still need help from someone that has
enough brain power to actually dial the numbers on the telephone.


I seen plenty of things in here, but no brains.


  #9  
Old December 27th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Real Lo Salt
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Best Firewall

"BlackShuck" wrote in message
...


Perhaps if you tell use how you connect to broadand, we may be able to
answer.

If you have a router, use the included firewall, considerably better
than any software firewall.

If you have a modem, then it depends of if packet latency is a issue
(i.e. online gaming), if it is, then stick to Microsoft XP Sp2 firewall,
virtually no latency, compared to ZoneAlarm and the others which are
pretty horrendous...



I'm using the The DI-614+ is an Wireless Broadband Router....
I only ude general internet user, such as usenet, Messengers & W.P.


  #10  
Old December 27th 04, 06:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton G˙sen
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 99
Default Best Firewall

BlackShuck wrote:

If you have a router, use the included firewall, considerably better
than any software firewall.


I find that hard to believe, I would rather my IPCop firewall than any
built-in firewall in your average el-cheapo router with firmware which
hasn't been updated for 2 years.
 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firewall help KerplunKuK uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 14 October 15th 04 12:46 AM
Firewall, which one? noman uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 8 September 6th 04 01:06 AM
What is a Firewall Reg Edwards uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 20 July 23rd 04 02:14 PM
Win XP firewall John Edgar uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 13 September 16th 03 11:28 AM
Firewall. Peter taylor uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 5 August 22nd 03 09:09 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright ©2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.