Toucansurf

Old December 27th 04, 01:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kimball K Kinnison

Default Toucansurf

Has anyone heard of this company.

http://www.toucantele.com/default.asp

They do not seem to appear on ADSLGuide.

My brother is considering them.

In particular he is looking at the combined 512 ADSL and Telephone call
bundle.

Thanx

Old December 27th 04, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Real Lo Salt

"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote in message
Has anyone heard of this company.

http://www.toucantele.com/default.asp

They do not seem to appear on ADSLGuide.

My brother is considering them.

In particular he is looking at the combined 512 ADSL and Telephone call

bundle.

Thanx

If they are not on ADSLGuide, then don't bother! I would recomend NDO... (
www.ndo.com )

Old December 27th 04, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
RADIOTWO

"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote in message
Has anyone heard of this company.

http://www.toucantele.com/default.asp

They do not seem to appear on ADSLGuide.

My brother is considering them.

In particular he is looking at the combined 512 ADSL and Telephone call
bundle.

Thanx

Try: http://www.go-plus.net/services.html

and they do call packages, and Gas Electricity etc

Steve

Old December 27th 04, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:04:08 -0000, "RADIOTWO"
wrote:

Try: http://www.go-plus.net/services.html

and they do call packages, and Gas Electricity etc

I wonder if plus.net will be interested in their choice of domain
name.

Oliver.
Old December 27th 04, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"The Real Lo Salt" wrote in message
"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote in message

Has anyone heard of this company.

http://www.toucantele.com/default.asp

They do not seem to appear on ADSLGuide.

My brother is considering them.

In particular he is looking at the combined 512 ADSL and Telephone call

bundle.

Thanx

If they are not on ADSLGuide, then don't bother! I would recomend NDO...

(
www.ndo.com )

what a silly thing to say, there are many providers not listed on
adslguide.

Old December 27th 04, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Oliver

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:46:29 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

what a silly thing to say, there are many providers not listed on
adslguide.

Because Adslguide only list providers with their own BT central pipe.

Oliver.
Old December 27th 04, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:35:35 -0000, in uk.telecom.broadband,
"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote:

Has anyone heard of this company.

http://www.toucantele.com/default.asp
They do not seem to appear on ADSLGuide.

Not exactly a crime... seems a number of ISPs don't appear and that'll
be down to being newer competitors. Does TalkTalk's ADSL service, or
perhaps Tesco.Net's ? Both have only been available for 2-4 months from
memory (sorry, I don't keep a "history of UK ADSL ISPs" blog :-)

In particular he is looking at the combined 512 ADSL and Telephone call
bundle.

Looks like they are charging about a tenner a month more than the TalkTalk
options for similar package (going on the 512 ADSL + calls from them). If
your brother is interested in the TalkTalk option then send me an e-mail
as he can have a free credit to his calls a/c (and I would get some sort
of commission too, just for sending him a recommendation e-mail). Would
he want to spend 100+ extra a year for Toucan's service over TalkTalk's ?

They've been pumping cash into TV ads for their phone (voice) service for
some time now, first saw adverts at least 8 months ago. Also on LBC FM
in London (and over the web) Shame that 'Toucan' is a rotten word for
mistypes if you aren't aware of the bird... "2can" (as in 2 cans and a
bit of string) or maybe "toocan" etc... Now sponsoring Channel 5's US
strand of CSI, CSI Miami, Boomtown, Law and Order, Law and Order SVU on
Saturdays, Tuesdays and possibly Wednesdays. But thanks for the heads
up about them offering ADSL service as well... few compete on price
with 18866/1899 for UK and international calls... Peter M.

NB I'm not on TalkTalk ADSL at present, so cannot yet recommend as a user

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old December 27th 04, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Kimball K Kinnison" wrote in message

Has anyone heard of this company.

http://www.toucantele.com/default.asp

The UK arm of IDT Europe - which it itself is a subsiduary of IDT
Corporation (http://www.idt.net/) - a $1 billion plus NASDAQ listed company

They do not seem to appear on ADSLGuide.

Many ISP's do not appear on ADSLGuide - mainly those which which are
resellers only (i.e. no BT Central Pipe or LLU capacity) of their own -
these are ADSLGuide's own listing creteria and means that several good ISP's
are not listed.

Also other ISP's which have not come to their attention - and this is
probably one of those

My brother is considering them.

In particular he is looking at the combined 512 ADSL and Telephone
call bundle.

From http://www.toucantele.com/products/t...rf/package.asp it seems to
cost 29.99/month but includes 24/7 "free" local and national inclusive
calls.

http://www.homecall.co.uk/ have a similar bundle for a 512K line but for
only 24.99 (i.e. including 24/7 "free" local and national inclusive
calls) - unlike the others they don't seem to have a 1MB option

TalkTalk also offer a similar package but for 19.99/month - though that
only includes "free" local and national inclusive calls during
evenings/weekends - however, for most people, it (or the homecall service)
will be better value.

In addition, you can get 20 if referred to TalkTalk (for voice and/or
broadband) by an existing customer (they get the same..) - actually I
believe all these companies have this sort of scheme...

No experience of the other two companies but I am a TalkTalk voice
customer..

Regards
Sunil

Old December 27th 04, 10:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:53:48 -0000, in uk.telecom.broadband,
"Sunil Sood" wrote:

but includes 24/7 "free" local and national inclusive calls.

Thanks for that, Sunil. I had spotted it being a tenner more, just
didn't get as far as the small print about the calls being 24x7 as
I was looking for the "all you can use" Toucan Surf (which I later
found out was the non-ADSL dial-up service, so their 19.99 compares
with TalkTalk's by having greater scope on 'included' voice calls
but a 56/64k dial-up vs ADSL. Peter M.

My other ISP : UK Free Software Network http://www.ukfsn.org
Old December 28th 04, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Peter M" wrote in message
news
They do not seem to appear on ADSLGuide.

Not exactly a crime... seems a number of ISPs don't appear and that'll
be down to being newer competitors. Does TalkTalk's ADSL service, or
perhaps Tesco.Net's ?

TalkTalk Broadband:
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...Board=talktalk

I doubt Tesco qualifies to appear as its just a resold NTL service..

Regards
Sunil