Plus Net mail down TWO DAYS and still no fix in sight.

Old December 28th 04, 07:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.media.broadband
Donald Monkshabit

Default Plus Net mail down TWO DAYS and still no fix in sight.

OK people time we sought some alternatives to PN as they are now
taking the proverbial P with this problem, perhaps they are waiting
for an Ebay auction to finish so they can obtain some parts as there
are clearly no reserves for this service.

It is quite apparent either the real engineers are still suffering a
hangover, dont exist or have all abandoned ship as the clock just
keeps getting put back and back on this fix. I imagine all they have
there is Blakey the cleaner trying his best with a broom and duster.
Well done Plus Net I knew it was a mistake trying you out for the last
two months, you're cowboys.

Not your only problems as has already been said here but even yet they
keep changing the goalposts:

ADSL problems for 30 Days 15 Hrs 9 Mins
Email problems for 1 Days 12 Hrs 0 Mins
Web Space & FTP 1 Days 10 Hrs 54 Mins
Usenet problems for 64 Days 20 Hrs 27 Mins (although google
reckons it's been forever)

I's say that was second rate in anyones book and contrary to the
updates business users are out as well and the problem has been going
on for much longer then claimed. What about the imaginary decreasing
of mail queues, does this mean you are losing the mail in the system
thereby ensuring we are really stuffed, how can a queue decrease if
you dont have a clue how to fix something, even the webmail is not
working.

Plus Net Service Status

Service Status Archive

Date and Time Notice
2004-12-27 22:24:15 Email Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding email problems:
Our network team are still working on the issue and the initial ETA
has now been extended. The network team have also stated that the mail
queues resulting from the problems have now started to decrease.

We expect the matter to be resolved in approximately 10 hours.
A further update will be made at 9am tomorrow morning.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Martin Cundell
Customer Support
2004-12-27 21:07:57 Email Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding email problems:
Our network team are still working on the issue and the initial ETA is
still current. The network team have also stated that the mail queues
resulting from the problems have now started to decrease.

We expect the matter to be resolved in approximately 6 hours.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Martin Cundell
Customer Support
2004-12-27 20:06:35 Email Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding email problems:
Our network team are still working on the issue and the initial ETA is
still current. The network team have also stated that the mail queues
resulting from the problems have now started to decrease.

We expect the matter to be resolved in approximately 7 hours.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Martin Cundell
Customer Support
2004-12-27 19:07:42 Email Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding email problems:
Our network team are still working on the issue and the initial ETA is
still current. The network team have also stated that the mail queues
resulting from the problems have now started to decrease.

We expect the matter to be resolved in approximately 8 hours.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Martin Cundell
Customer Support
2004-12-27 17:44:02 Email Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding email problems:
Our network team are still working on the issue and the initial ETA is
still current.

We expect the matter to be resolved in approximately 9 hours.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Martin Cundell
Customer Support
2004-12-27 16:20:48 Email Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding email problems:
Our network team are still working on the issue and the initial ETA is
still current.

We exprect the matter to be resolved in approximately 10 hours.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Luke Horwath
Customer Support
2004-12-27 15:25:53 Email Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding email problems:
Our network team are still working on the issue and the initial ETA is
still current.

We exprect the matter to be resolved in approximately 11 hours.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,
Luke Horwath
Customer Support
2004-12-27 14:11:48 Email Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding email problems:
Our network team are still working on the issue, but it has taken
longer then first thought.

Our current ETA for resolvement is now approximately 12 hours.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused

Kind Regards,
Luke Horwath
Customer Support
2004-12-27 12:36:20 Email Problems - Update
In situations like this where our Email service is off-line, under
normal circumstances we would fall back to our Business Continuity
Platform. However this is a manual process which would take as long as
re-building the current server, so we have chosen not to take this
path as moving back to the standard platform will cause similar
issues.

An early estimate for the resolvement of the permissions problem is
6-8 hours.

From 1400 we will be updating service status hourly until the matter
is resolved.

Again we apologise for any inconvenience caused and would like to
assure our customers that we are looking at this as a matter of
priority.

Kind regards
Luke Horwath
Customer Support
2004-12-27 11:29:49 Email Problems - update
Customers will have noticed service problems affecting POP3 and IMAP
email collection along with FTP updating. This unfortunate service
issue has been caused by an error on our main service creation server,

which has been completely rebuilt in the past couple of days as a
result of some major emergency maintenance to the server.
Unfortunately the replacement had an error in a script which has
caused user permissions on the affected services to be modified so
they are now incorrect.

We have identified the issue and have corrected the problem. Now we
are completing a total component refresh across all services, to
ensure all data and permissions are safe and reset to their correct
values.

We aplogise for the loss of service to you over this festive period,
and assure you this issue will be resolved as quickly as possible.

Kind regards
Luke Horwath
Customer Support
2004-12-27 10:11:45 FTP Problems - Update
We are still investigating an issue whereby some customers cannot
upload or modify files on the FTP platform.
This will result in an error message along the lines of:
"Permission denied".

Our engineers are working on this problem and we will update you when
further information is available.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,
Luke Horwath
Customer Support
2004-12-27 08:34:02 Email Problems - update
Our engineers are still investigating problems with POP3 and IMAP
email collection, whereby customers are experiencing authentication
errors when logging into mailboxes.

Please again accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this
issue.

Kind Regards,
Nick Dodds
Customer Support
2004-12-26 22:54:42 FTP Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding FTP problems: Our
network team are still working on the issue, but it has taken longer
then first thought.

We will update you further when more information is available.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused

Kind Regards,
Jonathon Smith
Customer Support
2004-12-26 22:53:11 Email Problems - Update
Following on from the earlier announcement regarding email problems:
Our network team are still working on the issue, but it has taken
longer then first thought.

We will update you further when more information is available.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused

Kind Regards,
Jonathon Smith
Customer Support
2004-12-26 20:25:55 FTP Problems
We are currently investigating an issue whereby some customers cannot
upload or modify files on the FTP platform.
This will result in an error message along the lines of:
"Permission denied".

Our engineers are working on this problem currently and we would like
to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,
Jonathon Smith
Customer Support
2004-12-26 19:19:45 Email Problems
We are currently investigating problems with POP3 and IMAP email
collection.

Our network team are looking into this issue and we will update you as
soon as more information is available.

Kind Regards
Scott Elliott
Customer Support
2004-12-26 17:41:16 CGI Website Issue - Resolved
The earlier problem with the CGI platform have now been resolved and
sites should be displaying normally.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards
Scott Elliott
Customer Support
2004-12-26 17:06:48 CGI Website Issue
Unfortunately some customers may currently be experiencing problems
viewing their CGI websites, also access via ftp or telnet may also be
problematic.

Be assured our network engineers are currently investigating the cause
of the problem and we will provide an update as soon as one is
available.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards
Scott Elliott
Customer Support
2004-12-26 10:17:25 CGI Server Problems Resolved
The earlier problem with the CGI platform being unavailable has now
been resolved and sites should be displaying normally.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards
Stewart Norriss
Customer Support
2004-12-26 08:41:24 CGI Website Issue
Some customers may be experiencing problems viewing their CGI
websites.

Our network engineers are currently investigating the cause of the
problem and we will provide and update shortly.

Old December 28th 04, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.media.broadband
Me and myself

Default Plus Net mail down TWO DAYS and still no fix in sight. The pricks dont even USE email themsleves!

"Simon" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 07:37:02 GMT,

SNIP

This could go on for weeks hahahahahahahahaha

**** Plusnet find another ISP who gives a ****.

Complaint sent to:

Old December 28th 04, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.media.broadband
Dr Teeth

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:34:50 +0000, Simon wrote:

**** Plusnet find another ISP who gives a ****.

Antipodean troll.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 28th 04, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.media.broadband
RobertJM

"Donald Monkshabit" wrote in message
OK people time we sought some alternatives to PN as they are now
taking the proverbial P with this problem, perhaps they are waiting
for an Ebay auction to finish so they can obtain some parts as there
are clearly no reserves for this service.

I've had no problems, admittedly not used it as much over the festive
period, my secondary mail account seemed to work fine.

--
RobertJM

Old December 29th 04, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.media.broadband
John Lyons

OK people time we sought some alternatives to PN as they are now
taking the proverbial P with this problem, perhaps they are waiting

To be fair most people these days tend to go with a 3rd party email provider
eg hotmail or yahoo or they tend to get a private domain with email services
so that they are not tied down to a single provider for their internet
access and email services.

I've never expected anything from an ISP other than plain old internet
access. Anything else is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

--
Regards

John Lyons
Netserve Consultants Ltd

Ask us about our online Antivirus and Junk mail scanning service
http://www.domaincity.co.uk +-+-+-+

Old December 30th 04, 07:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.media.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:13:29 -0000, [John Lyons] said :-

OK people time we sought some alternatives to PN as they are now
taking the proverbial P with this problem, perhaps they are waiting

To be fair most people these days tend to go with a 3rd party email provider
eg hotmail or yahoo or they tend to get a private domain with email services
so that they are not tied down to a single provider for their internet
access and email services.

Total rubbish, most people do _not_ do that at all.

I've never expected anything from an ISP other than plain old internet
access. Anything else is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

There are millions of home users who will only be using the ISP mail
address etc.
Old December 30th 04, 08:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.media.broadband
Ace-Of-Spades

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:53:50 +0000, Spin Dryer
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:13:29 -0000, [John Lyons] said :-

OK people time we sought some alternatives to PN as they are now
taking the proverbial P with this problem, perhaps they are waiting

To be fair most people these days tend to go with a 3rd party email provider
eg hotmail or yahoo or they tend to get a private domain with email services
so that they are not tied down to a single provider for their internet
access and email services.

Total rubbish, most people do _not_ do that at all.

I've never expected anything from an ISP other than plain old internet
access. Anything else is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

There are millions of home users who will only be using the ISP mail
address etc.

Not to mention the fact that if you sent a mail to a plusnet account,
a hotmail one wont help.

--

Ace Of Spades

If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man,

You win some, lose some, all the same to me,

The pleasure is to play, makes no difference what you say,

I don't share your greed, the only card I need is

The Ace Of Spades

Playing for the high one, dancing with the devil,

Going with the flow, it's all the same to me,

Seven or Eleven, snake eyes watching you,

Double up or quit, double stake or split,

The Ace Of Spades

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools,

But that's the way I like it baby,

I don't wanna live for ever,

And don't forget the joker!

Pushing up the ante, I know you've got to see me,

Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again,

I see it in your eyes, take one look and die,

The only thing you see, you know it's gonna be,

The Ace Of Spades
Old December 30th 04, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.media.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:07:29 -0000, [Tx2] said :-

In article , me2
, a.k.a Spin Dryer says...

To be fair most people these days tend to go with a 3rd party email provider
eg hotmail or yahoo or they tend to get a private domain with email services
so that they are not tied down to a single provider for their internet
access and email services.

Total rubbish, most people do _not_ do that at all.

Cite.

Irrelevant.

IME, a heck of a lot of people _do_ use services such as Hotmail, Yahoo
et al as they have no idea WTF Outlook Express is, or does.

I wouldn't play the "total rubbish" card personally, unless you have
information to the contrary, you can't disprove it. To 'rubbish'
something with nothing but an opinion carries no strength whatsoever.

There are millions of home users who will only be using the ISP mail
address etc

Cite "only".

I certainly can think of at least 3 out of 5 people I know who never use
their ISP's email system.

So ? Your example is meaningless.

Do you really believe that _most_ people on Wanadoo, AOL, BTinternet
etc, etc are using anything other than their ISP mail suppliers ?
Old December 30th 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.providers.uk,uk.media.broadband
Deano

Spin Dryer wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:13:29 -0000, [John Lyons] said :-

OK people time we sought some alternatives to PN as they are now
taking the proverbial P with this problem, perhaps they are waiting

To be fair most people these days tend to go with a 3rd party email
provider eg hotmail or yahoo or they tend to get a private domain
with email services so that they are not tied down to a single
provider for their internet access and email services.

Total rubbish, most people do not do that at all.

FWIW just about everyone i know who uses email, from the most IT
illiterate to the most knowledgeable, have a Hotmail account. Whether
they use it or not on a regular basis I don't know but as it's part of
the MS Passport malarkey I imagine you need one to do the MSN
Messenging thing for a start.

If regular mail falls down or I've lost someone's main address (or
they've moved jobs and the work address has changed) then emailing them
on the Hotmail account is quite handy and I think alot of people
understand that it's a good second line of email communication.