Plusnet major service failure

Old December 28th 04, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default Plusnet major service failure

Is there anyone from Plusnet out there?

I am having continuing problems with my mail - some accounts not
accesable, another account bounces mail back to the sender.

The last communication I had from Plusnet was last night at 23:23
telling me the problem would be "resolved within the next few hours".
It is now 10:30 and although more than a "few hours" have passed the
problem patently has not been resolved.

Is there anyone in Plusnet that has any idea at all of what is going
on, and if so when, if ever, the problems will be fixed?
--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old December 28th 04, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Peter" wrote in message

The last communication I had from Plusnet was last night at 23:23
telling me the problem would be "resolved within the next few hours".
It is now 10:30 and although more than a "few hours" have passed the
problem patently has not been resolved.

Is there anyone in Plusnet that has any idea at all of what is going
on, and if so when, if ever, the problems will be fixed?

There was another service announcement after 9am this morning saying the
problem wasn't fixed and not giving an new ETA.

This is third hand information because the portal is practically dead too
(serving a page about every 5-10 minutes), so I havn't been able to see it
for myself.

Pretty poor service, I guess most of support have taken the week off.

Jc.

..

Old December 28th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Linker3000

Geez,

Plusnet seem to be having fun, but where's their system redundancy for
chrissake!

I was finishing a trial on a Linux system, it was an Intranet and mail
server for 250 users in a business, and Sod's Law kicked in - in the
middle of the night (2.39am), two days before it was due to 'go live'
the server had a complete disk failure - this was on the morning of the
day I was due to install its mirrored drive AND also finish prepping the
hot spare server destined for a secondary site.

I arrived at work at 8am the next day, finished setting up the spare
server, re-loaded the apps, copied the database backups onto the 'spare'
server and had the entire system up and running by 10am.

Total business-hours downtime was a shade under two hours and now with
all systems fixed and in place there would be a max outage of 5mins
while the spare kicks in.

Total cost of this super-sexy fault tolerant system - about 1400 for
two Acer Altos G310 Servers with mirrored 300GB disks.

Seems PlusNet even makes UK2Net look good!

Old December 28th 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PzychoBilly

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:41:33 +0000, Linker3000
wrote:

[...]

I think it's clear they just don't have anyone there to fix anything.
It wouldn't be so bad if they just admitted their waiting for the
engineers to sober up.

Old December 28th 04, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Current status/excuse here
http://portal.plus.net/central/forum...ic.php?t=23727