Broadband plus dail-up

Old December 28th 04, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Kingston

Default Broadband plus dail-up

Broadband novice ready to start - line enabled, router etc to hand.

My dial-up ISP is Demon, and I will quit dial-up and use their broadband
service - all arranged, conversion instructions to hand.

Wife with own PC (on peer to peer network, separate modem, not ICS)
needs continuity of service on dial-up to Virgin, or MBA studies may be
compromised, but will, in own time, eventually use Demon and benefit
from improved service.

My assumption is that she can continue to dial Virgin while I use
Broadband. Phones will still work, so dial-up modem connection will, too
(OK, filters all arranged).

Comments would be appreciated.
--
Michael J Kingston - Researching Family History
News of surname DIGWEED always welcomed
Old December 28th 04, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PzychoBilly

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:54:37 +0000, Mike Kingston
wrote:

Broadband novice ready to start - line enabled, router etc to hand.

My dial-up ISP is Demon, and I will quit dial-up and use their broadband
service - all arranged, conversion instructions to hand.

Demon are ****, run by queers and pedo's for queers and pedo's.

Be advised go elsewhere, anywhere but Plus Net.

Old December 28th 04, 02:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

wrote:

My assumption is that she can continue to dial Virgin while I use
Broadband. Phones will still work, so dial-up modem connection will, too
(OK, filters all arranged).

yes indeed, plug 56k modem into a phone port (BT socket) of a
microfilter.

Some people report lower connect speeds, mine was same.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old December 28th 04, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Mike Kingston
writes
Broadband novice ready to start - line enabled, router etc to hand.

My dial-up ISP is Demon, and I will quit dial-up and use their
broadband service - all arranged, conversion instructions to hand.

Wife with own PC (on peer to peer network, separate modem, not ICS)
needs continuity of service on dial-up to Virgin, or MBA studies may be
compromised, but will, in own time, eventually use Demon and benefit
from improved service.

My assumption is that she can continue to dial Virgin while I use
Broadband. Phones will still work, so dial-up modem connection will,
too (OK, filters all arranged).

Comments would be appreciated.

Should work no probs. Sounds like you have got it sorted. Just make sure
that her virgin dial up is selected in IE properties otherwise it could
go through the LAN to the Demon connection.
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old December 28th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , PzychoBilly
writes
wrote:

Broadband novice ready to start - line enabled, router etc to hand.

My dial-up ISP is Demon, and I will quit dial-up and use their broadband
service - all arranged, conversion instructions to hand.

Demon are ****, run by queers and pedo's for queers and pedo's.

Be advised go elsewhere, anywhere but Plus Net.

Bless. It's a real shame when a technical fault takes away your only
friend. Have you tried the Samaritans?
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old December 28th 04, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PzychoBilly

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:57:35 +0000, pete devlin
wrote:

In message , PzychoBilly
writes
wrote:

Broadband novice ready to start - line enabled, router etc to hand.

My dial-up ISP is Demon, and I will quit dial-up and use their broadband
service - all arranged, conversion instructions to hand.

Demon are ****, run by queers and pedo's for queers and pedo's.

Be advised go elsewhere, anywhere but Plus Net.

Bless. It's a real shame when a technical fault takes away your only
friend. Have you tried the Samaritans?

Don't seem to have done you much good.
Old December 28th 04, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , PzychoBilly
writes
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:57:35 +0000, pete devlin
wrote:

In message , PzychoBilly
writes
wrote:

Broadband novice ready to start - line enabled, router etc to hand.

My dial-up ISP is Demon, and I will quit dial-up and use their broadband
service - all arranged, conversion instructions to hand.

Demon are ****, run by queers and pedo's for queers and pedo's.

Be advised go elsewhere, anywhere but Plus Net.

Bless. It's a real shame when a technical fault takes away your only
friend. Have you tried the Samaritans?

Don't seem to have done you much good.

You must be an Antipodean. Just a pointer for future ref, in this
country we use different banter / sledges when someone has a dig at us.
Otherwise it gets a bit dull turning the same one backwards and
forwards. It's something our kids learn about the time they leave
primary school. You sound like you need a shoulder to cry on, a beige
monitor doesn't really provide that when it all goes wrong does it? Now
then, I think I'll just go and collect some emails. If you choose to
join my ISP to be able to collect email, please use my referral code of
"UpYoursBillyNoMatesLuser."
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old December 28th 04, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PzychoBilly

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:35:04 +0000, pete devlin
wrote:

In message , PzychoBilly
writes
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:57:35 +0000, pete devlin
wrote:

In message , PzychoBilly
writes
wrote:

[...]

So we cant take that as a no then?

Old December 28th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , PzychoBilly
writes
So we cant take that as a no then?

It would appear I'm trying to have a battle of wits with someone who is
completely unarmed. My apologies for picking on you little guy, although
you might find yourself safer and more at home in
uk.telecom.broadband.creche

--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old December 28th 04, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PzychoBilly

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:45:23 +0000, pete devlin
wrote:

In message , PzychoBilly
writes
So we cant take that as a no then?

It would appear I'm trying to have a battle of wits with someone who is
completely unarmed. My apologies for picking on you little guy, although
you might find yourself safer and more at home in
uk.telecom.broadband.creche

Oo so cruel, you'd be a big hit at a soccer game.