O/T Dialup Backup

Old December 29th 04, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian Sheldon

Default O/T Dialup Backup

Migrating on Jan 2nd from Eclipse to HiV. I've got doubts it'll go smoothly
happening over the new year weekend so I'm looking for a short term dialup
provider, one that's not too expensive and isn't going to tie me into a
minimum contract.
---

Old December 29th 04, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Newsgroup

"Brian Sheldon" wrote in message
Migrating on Jan 2nd from Eclipse to HiV. I've got doubts it'll go
smoothly happening over the new year weekend so I'm looking for a short
term dialup provider, one that's not too expensive and isn't going to tie
me into a minimum contract.
---

Brian,
any pay as you go would do I use tiscali solely as a backup and only dial
in a couple of times every 2 months or so. They send you a monthly offer
with all sorts of items free you only pay postage.
You also get web space so for a couple of pence a month you can't go wrong.

--

*.. )) -::-
. .))

Anti spam address in use change "spamtrap" to "newsgroup"

Old December 29th 04, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , Brian Sheldon
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:49:02 writes

Migrating on Jan 2nd from Eclipse to HiV. I've got doubts it'll go smoothly
happening over the new year weekend so I'm looking for a short term dialup
provider, one that's not too expensive and isn't going to tie me into a
minimum contract.

I think BT have an 0845 service you can join for free via the Web. I
think they cancel the account if it is not used for 6 months.

OneTel is an other source - I think they are cheaper - used to be 1p/min
but then went up to 1.5p some time back. Don't know current rate.

Join up to both and use whichever works best.
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
Old December 29th 04, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:49:02 -0000, "Brian Sheldon"
wrote:

Migrating on Jan 2nd from Eclipse to HiV. I've got doubts it'll go smoothly
happening over the new year weekend so I'm looking for a short term dialup
provider, one that's not too expensive and isn't going to tie me into a
minimum contract.

You could try uk2.net No sign up or registration, pay as you go.
08456091370
user = uk2
password = uk2

Must be used from a BT line with number released.

--
Angelo
Old December 30th 04, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 in uk.telecom.broadband, someone wrote:

No sign up or registration, pay as you go.

a number of them exist, from http://www.ecosse.net/ to www.plus.net

08456091370

a google search would probably find a number of threads in either
uk.net.providers or alt.internet.providers.uk for PAYG ISPs.